Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i hate my dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate my dealer.

lol hozed.......you'll get it figured out, if not......I would b!tch to yamaha.........you're not stupid.....remember the science thing??? lol.....

Old 10-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, glad you got it fixed!! No need to send any money..... LOL!!! Thats why we have this forum!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Dealer aren't there to befriend you.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Hozed
guys i had the motor apart already... piston was fine...
its none of those 250a1 but thanks.
raptorowner... my buddies had 150.
wistech.. clearances are good, if the spring was broke wouldnt the valve fall out? dont matter either way... those are fine. seats are good... leakdown test would have told me otherwise and i put parts cleaner in the ports and none came through the head.
it would be great to get other readings on some yfz compression...[/q
Hozed do you have dual valve springs on that motor. Its possible one broke or lost its tension and the valve might not drop but still cause float at high rpm. You say it happened all of the sudden while riding then how could the cam timing be the problem? One other thing Is the rod bearings might have failed making the piston sit lower in the bore(low comp) but that is unlikely because when the rod bearings go they usually jam up the engine. Have you pulled the engine !00% apart and checked everything? The thing about the rings going all the sudden is bull unless they break or melt and that would be oh so obvious.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

talked to the dealer a minute ago... asked again how much the cammod would effect the compression and they said not much... then i said... what about 45lbs??? they again said... no only a few pounds... then i said... ok... i am telling you it changed it 45 lbs... they looked shocked and i explained... then came the... "o ya, well, that does makes sense blah blah blah..."
either way... they apologized for the mix up... its not a big deal anyway... i was gonna probably throw rings it in this winter anyhow...

Old 10-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So what, now you have to get new cams(stock again)?????

Old 10-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i already had stock cams... cammod is just retartded the stock exhaust timing by 1 tooth... all i gotta do now is get my lazy *** in gear and put it back together and hope it doesnt have that nutless feeling in the higher rpms...

Old 10-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh, I thought a cam mod was something like grinding the cams or something.......so hopefully you will know by tonight if it is corrected or not.

So what, is the cam mod crap then or did you do it wrong?? It must be crap.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

no its not crap... it just make the auto decompression pin hit the valve sooner not letting it build up compression i think... or maybe its later... cant remember...

Old 10-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh...I see......surely there is some kind of a fix, so you can have the best of both worlds. I don't know much about the yfz motor.......hope thing go well for you Hozed.....good luck!!

Quick Reply: i hate my dealer.