Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

To all Craycraft 730 owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all Craycraft 730 owners

Exactly right Bad Raptor1,
Dynoed Howards bike with the unmodded MBRP, left the bike on the dyno and fixed the design flaws by cutting a few inches off the end and redynoed. Gained I think 3-4 HP. Then Kenz(I thought it was a later date) ran his pipe on the dyno and got a bit more than the modded MBRP. Like 14 said it is is a different day, there can be other factors involved in the higher HP number.. Or it could be the design getting more HP.

RoostkIng...

Old 10-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

1BADRAPTOR...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Kenzs- Do you have a dragpipe for sale? Your design?

Old 10-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

14mins they are not for sale per say; we run them on a few customers bikes. I talked to Bob about what we found and offered to bring one to Aledo this past summer , to run on someones bike on the Dyno that was scheduled to be there. I would like not to crowd this thread with another pipe talk.If your intrested in testing one pm me and we can talk ,no problem.We have nothing to hide.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56and raptoraz needs to read more carefully before he quotes and agrees.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Oops. My bad.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

you guys and your dyno numbers..LOL

Old 10-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

Those are some awesome numbers the kenz bikes are putting out, are there any Craycraft dynos floating around anywhere?

Old 10-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

King660r, we use by how many quad lengths we beat other people LOL. There are some floating around but they are old. I have not raced a Kenz quad at all, so I can't say who could be faster than the other. I wish it would have not rained this past June for the Nationals it would have been to finally meet Kenz and the crew. There will be another time and place.
King660r you also have to remember you can't race dyno's. Lets say you have two 70hp Raptors and one is set up for dunes and trail riding while the other is set up for Drag Racing The drag racing one will more than likely win most of the time, because of weight and suspension set up.

Also Rider has a lot to do with it.

Old 10-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look,
This isnt about dynos and who dynoed what. Its firs and foremost a thread trying to get information on the Craycraft 730. He has the information and apparently has talked to both builders. Im sure he will be satisfied with whomever he goes with...

Now to the drag pipe ??? AGAIN!!! It is a fact that Ken did the work I described in my previous threads on an MBPR pipe while howards bike was still strapped down. I have never seen anybody try to discredit the MBPR pipe, but there has been many discussion on this one single topic. Kenz Cycle Tech owns a dyno and has the ability to make comparison runs within hours of eachother. Ken uses it as a tuning tool People seem to like numbers, 14 mins included, so hey we post the numbers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

RoostKing...

Old 10-18-2004, 02:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I once made 67hp in California, once i made 32 hp in california. I went to nebraska and made 62hp i think. Back home on the local dyno the exact same quad makes 50hp. Moral of the story?? I wish we had ohtins dyno HERE. Second moral to the story?? It is a shame that there is not some clear standard for dynos. I fianlly got to 55hp on the local dyno and then it done went and blowed up on the dragstrip. lol
3rd moral to the story- King raptor claims he made 112.?? on a dyno out in az or california. ( i think it was ohtins dyno, not 100 percent sure) Probably did show 122.?? but that same 112.?? quad could not out run sparks 55-60 hp 690 raptor. Some say kenz dyno is low and kms posted it reads high. ANYWAY

use the dyno for your own use and see how you are progressing from baseline to finish on the same one.

The dyno setup at glamis for fsw2 was killer. Bikes from around the country were able to see what there quad did compared to there internet friends on the same day. To compare what is done in New York compared to what is done in California means nothing when reling on dyno numbers alone. Jeffinriver city has one of the fastest quads i have ever seen. I think he posted 44hp one time. lol

Quick Reply: To all Craycraft 730 owners