Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor v Blaster (believe it or not) v Z400

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor v Blaster (believe it or not) v Z400

i believe that he beat the z and you guys should stop dissing it and saying its not started and turn off the parking brake, my brother has a blaster, they may be small but thats even more advantage power to weight ratio but yes i can believe the blaster beat it GOOD JOB ! Scotland [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

anyone who believes a blaster with those mods can beat a z with pretty much the same mods is pretty stupid,the only way the blaster will win is if the other guy has no clue how to ride..or wait,the z was running in reverse wasnt it?

Old 10-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Range Rover

i have a blaster with pretty much the same mods and a stock z400. i can tell a huge difference between the two. sometimes i let liek my cousin or a good dfirend ride the blaster and it can't keep up. yes the blaster is a fast biek and i love it but u didn't beat a z400. i can give the blaster ahuge head start and blow it away and in hte trials a coupel of tiems i have to stop and wait for the blaster.

Old 10-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

not to start a argument here but a blaster can run with and beat a z.. a 200cc 2stroke is the equivalent of a 400cc 4stroke..I agree with u guy's that a stock z will beat a stock blaster becuase my cousin has a kfx that used to wipe the floor with me in a drag..But with a pipe and reeds and a good set of tires on a blaster it can beat the z on track and in 300 ft drag eventually the kfx will catch up and run off but that is after the drag is over and it dosn't matter.. i will post a few pics of a race between me and the kfx as soon as the kfx get's fixed.. the 2001 kfx and z have a terrible swingarm design btw my little cousing keep's breaking the chain tensing bolts.. I have been told that the design was changed to a better set up in 02 but if the z he is racing is a 01 it probably can't keep a chain on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Disclamer: This is not a my bike can beat your bike thread just my opinon from my expericence with the 2 bikes so no slamming plz these or just my opinons

Old 10-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

im not trying to start an argument ihave both with the same mods and i can take it in 200-300- how ever long u want ft drag with out trying. yes it is a fast bike but it doenst keep up with a z400

Old 10-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lethaface
not to start a argument here but a blaster can run with and beat a z.. a 200cc 2stroke is the equivalent of a 400cc 4stroke..I agree with u guy's that a stock z will beat a stock blaster becuase my cousin has a kfx that used to wipe the floor with me in a drag..But with a pipe and reeds and a good set of tires on a blaster it can beat the z on track and in 300 ft drag eventually the kfx will catch up and run off but that is after the drag is over and it dosn't matter.. i will post a few pics of a race between me and the kfx as soon as the kfx get's fixed.. the 2001 kfx and z have a terrible swingarm design btw my little cousing keep's breaking the chain tensing bolts.. I have been told that the design was changed to a better set up in 02 but if the z he is racing is a 01 it probably can't keep a chain on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Disclamer: This is not a my bike can beat your bike thread just my opinon from my expericence with the 2 bikes so no slamming plz these or just my opinons

They Started Doing KFX And Z in 2003 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alot of you people on this site dont know how to read, or i think you choose not to! i said a blaster can beat a z400 round a track, by track i mean twisty turns and the likes not a 300ft straight or anything. It is very close round a track as the engine sizes are almost the same and the wieght is less on the blasty than the z.

Please read the question in future.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

are u sure it was started in 03 my cousin jake said his was a 01 he was the 1 that told me about the terrible swingarm design sorry about the mistake :-)

Old 10-21-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

No problem.

400EX in 99
Z/KFX in 03

I'm sure about that

Old 11-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

I raced my Blaster around a flat track course and beat a Banshee, Warrior, Raptor and Bigbear

It was on a Frozen lake and no one had traction [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and my tires were the newest (Holeshot XCR's)

Quick Reply: Raptor v Blaster (believe it or not) v Z400