Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster Tire/wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 01:05 AM
Rem
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster Tire/wheel question

ok, i have a stock blaster(besides B/o and K&N) and i flipped my front rims successfully to get about 3 inches extra up front for FREE. i then tried doing the same to the rear, i did it and it didnt add any width at all, if i am not mistaken, i think it took some width away. So, seeing as i have the stock tires from 1994, i want to get new tires, and i was thinking that i should get some mounted on black labels anyways. what tires could i get mounted on black labels for like 140 or less? (or would it be cheaper to buy seperate?) i am going to Glamis in late november, i dont wanna spring for paddles for my blaster, because it needs new desert/dirt tires anyways.(and i need to save up for paddles on the banshee)

-how much would aftermarket rims like douglas black labels add in the rear, 3-4 inches? that would be nice.

most of the terrain i ride on is pretty hard packed, but i ride in some soft spots as well. i do light jumps, not anything super tough. since im going to glamis, i want a tire that might hookup ok, and will do good in my riding area. what are some good, economic tires that i could get mounted?

please help!

Old 10-14-2004, 02:25 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

anyone??? anyone........ Buelller.....................

Old 10-14-2004, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

i am not to sure about black label's but when i got my rear wheels i got raptor wheels and tires off ebay..the raptor has a offset that's about 2-3 inches wider than your blaster. I also got a set of raptor hubs off ebay.. i gave $58.00 for the rear raptor wheels with razor tires and $25.00 with s/h for the raptor hubs..u don't have to use raptor hubs u can use banshee, warrior, and yfz hubs..basically every other sport bike yamaha makes besides the blaster..If u wanna look at the extra width u get check out my pictures there is a good 1 of the rear with the new raptor wheelz and razors..Hope that helps

Old 10-14-2004, 03:05 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

i looked at ur pics and it looks sweet!

how much did it cost for the rear tires in total?

how much for the banshee fronts ? The 250r rear?

i was interested in doing these mods, but i thought that if i wanted to jump, i'd just use my KX [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

how does it handle? it looks like it would handle like a completely different machine!

Old 10-14-2004, 04:58 AM
Pro Rider

thks for the compliments [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] the rear ended up costing about $85 bucks thats wheels tires and hubs -w- shipping. The rear shock was about $75 there was some that was cheaper but this 1 was freshly rebuilt and it was red. Banshee fronts are from a 03 banshee my friend had he got some aftermarket fronts and sold them to me for $50. it rides great alot more comfortable than it was factory..And it sits slightly higher than factory's did. It handle's very nice and it is very quick in corners and sharp turns due to it having a low center of gravity already and is now almost 4 inches wider..Though whole upgrade to more comfortable ride cost about $210 keep in mind it will probably be a little more for you becuase my buddy gave me a great deal on front shocks. but still will cost much less than aftermarket part's would