Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I've got a confession to make!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2000, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I've already fessed up and told that I sold my Banshee in order to get a new Raptor. Well, before I got into quads again, I was into precision accuracy rifles. I left out that I sold another one of my "pride-n-joys". Here's a pic of it. http://www.vci.net/~bash/floorshot.jpg , http://www.vci.net/~bash/jungle1.jpg

I sure hope it is worth it!!!!!! I'm having second thoughts on the importance of the Raptor being paid for. I'm already starting to miss it. I guess I'll have to get another just like it when I build my toy fund back up.

By the way, do we have any other rifle enthusiast here?

Old 08-31-2000, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

bash, cool rifle ! What exactly was it...I wasnt sure.

Im kinda into guns, but mostly for sport. My pride and joy is my Ruger M77 MarkII 7mm-Mag. Pure Stainless all around, with Laminated Stock, with WorldClass stainless scope also.

Its a beautiful gun, but oh well, I hunt with it anyway..lol.

My pride and joy pistol, is my H&K .40 S&W. Fully composite, 13 round clips (the laws now say 10 max). I like the thought of having that big of a bullet, and having 13 to squeeze off

Honest to God, if you dis-assemble the slide, from the rest of the gun, the remainder is lighter than my computer Mouse. Im pretty sure it is a rare model, that has some good value to it. Ive only fired rounds throuhg it on 3 occasions. Its pretty much a collector piece to me. Boy is it heavy when loaded up though...wow.

Thats about it for guns and me....besides my 30/30 Lever action Marlin. Cool gun for thick brush and up to 200 yrds max.

Bash, it almost worked....I almost quit thinkin about when my Raptor is comin in....but I glimpsed the Title banner up top, and darn...back to this excruciating wait.

Stay cool.....Later.

Old 09-01-2000, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Hey that looks like a fully decked out AR-15.
I Don't have much use for large caliber Rifles. My Baby is a tricked out Ruger 10/22 that i absolutely love. Actually I have 3 of them. I mainly shoot Trap & Skeet competitions with my Dad. Shooting runs in my family, my great uncle was an exhibition shooter and a trap shooter he was sponsered by remington, and was invited to the olympic Tryouts, but he lost. Oh well it's still pretty cool.

Old 09-01-2000, 12:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

nice AR lets see how much I can get hummm leopold scope, harris bipod, floated barel, if I had to gess I would say it is a Kreiger Barrel but I could be wroung. very nice what did you do with it when you had it? if you dont mine me asking how much did you get for it.

Old 09-01-2000, 03:41 AM
Pro Rider

Looks nice, but im really more into hunting rifles, but I had planned on buying an AR before I decided too order the Raptor. My tricked out hunting rifle is a Remington 700 SENDERO 7mm MAG with Harris Ultralight bipod, 8-24 x 50mm scope, Shooting 139grain BTSP, -1.5 @100 yds -.5 @200yds
+.25 @300yds -.5 @350yds -2.5 @400 yds -9.5@ 500yds. too bad it weighs about 25lbs.

Old 09-01-2000, 05:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is that an M4 carbine? looks like it on the receiver end. or did you modify an AR-15 to mount your scope.
I am a weapons instructor in the Air Force. i have many guns at work to have fun with, such as the m2 .50 cal machine gun, the MK19 automatic grenade launcher, or one of my favs, the M29A1 81mm mortar. plus many small arms. but my pride and joy of my collection at home is a 1950 weatherby .257 magnum, shook maple stock, origional roy weatherby mouser action, fixed 4x junuertall (spelling) sight, whole package in mint cond.

your is nice, but i think i would prefer an mp5 over it for tactical reasons.

99 400ex, 87 banshee, sandrail

Old 09-01-2000, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider

We have a winner at the guessing contest and it is BlackRaptor.

What a sharp eye he has. Here are the details of my baby-gone-by.

It is an AR-15 built for precision shooting.
The upper and lower receivers are teflon coated DPMS brand (arguably the best AR15 receiver made due to it's tolerances).
It uses a free-float 3 piece, fiberglass Armalite handguard.
Leupold 6.5-20X EFR scope with target dot reticle.
Burris Signature series poly rings.
GG&G Extended Scope Rail.
Harris Bipod.
Badger Ordnace Tac-Latch charging handle.
Colt 20-rnd magazine.
Jewell 2-stage competition trigger (I tried the JP trigger prior to that)
And I don't know how he could tell, but it uses a Krieger single point cut barrel.

It's accuracy was incredible. It would commonly shoot less than .25 MOA meaning that it could place a group of bullets into a spot measuring less than 1/4 inch at 100 yards (pretty much looks like a ragged hole) and as low as .17 MOA on occasions.

If you notice a difference in the pictures, one was taken with a Leupold tactical 3-9x scope and the other was with the scope that I listed.

I sold it for just under $1,700, but that was a give away and wish that I had it back. You can see more custom pieces like this at www.metalcraft-ar15.com

Oh, almost forgot. What did I use it for? Mostly plinking! I did get into a contest a few times though. It may have been beginners luck, but I did well. One was a timed, long range course consisting of 8 targets out to 250 yards (shooting range limited). In prior years, this comp. had been dominated by guys with custom bolt guns because nobody shooting there had a semi-auto that would reach out and accurately hit the small targets at that distance. Anyway, the rules were: 10 shot limit for the 8 targets, shooter to set down at table and load rifle after the timer begins. Most of the guys couldn't hit all their targets resulting in a time penalty. Two other guys hit all their targets with custom bolt guns, but the quickest of the 2 took 109 seconds to do it-- I took that bad boy and put them all down in 29 seconds!!! There were more than a few surprised people that day (including me) and it changed the way people at my shooting range viewed the media-demonized semi-auto rifle.

Uh, sorry for the long post.... just reliving some of the fun I had with it. Although off topic, it still fits in the "outdoors" category I guess.

Old 09-01-2000, 09:36 AM
Range Rover

Bash,

Nice gun! I used to compete in the total opposite side of guns. I shot skeet when I was a teenager. I used to have a 12 guage Weatherby over under. It was worth about $1200 when I bought it. I used to be pretty good with it, but no more comps for me, just hunting. I sold it, bought a Mossberg Ulti-mag for turkeys. I also have a Remington 870 12 guage for small game. I use a Rem. 308 pump for deer. I also carry along my Dan & Wesson 357 mag, when I hunt for deer. I do have one pride and joy though. It is an old Ithica 12 guage side by side. My grandfather gave it to me. I had it fully restored two years ago. The gun is about 100 years old, and it shoots like a dream. When I sit here and think about it, I have way to many guns for one person, ranging from 22's to 410 shotgun. I just love to hunt, and having my choice. I just hope we never have our rights stripped away from us.

Old 09-01-2000, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

monk01,

I never have had a shotgun, but should get one. What do you know about Browning shotguns? They look nice, but that'a about all that I know other than Browning has been around a long time.

I guess I went with the AR because 1) I think that they look awesome when fixed up (you ought to see the looks you get when you whip one of them out of your carrying case!) 2) Because they defy the general rule that semi-autos can't shoot as well as most bolt-action guns 3) I have a freind who builds customizes them and I was familiar with them prior to buying one.

Yeah, it's great to be able to have whatever type of rifle that you want... Hopefully it will always be that way for non-criminals. Besides, who robs the local 7-11 of $150 cash with a $2000 rifle?

Old 09-01-2000, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

Bash,

Browning makes very nice guns. They tend to get a little expensive, but you get what you pay for. Speaking of pulling that AR out of the case, you should have seen the looks I used to get when I showed up with my riot gun. I had just got done shooting one day, and had an arsenal in my trunk, when I got pulled over by a local cop. I was 18 and this cop used to bust my nuts all the time. He was always nice and never gave me a ticket, but always checked my car for beer. He told me to pop the trunk and I had my pistol, Weatherby, and the riot gun in there, with the case of beer I had gotten for that night. Just picture this. Here I am in the middle of a convenient store parking lot, with a cop holding a stainless steel 12 guage with an 18 inch barrel, up to his shoulder. He told me to get the guns home and stay out of town with the beer tonight.

Most of my guns are pumps, except the side by side and my 22's. The reason for this is because I am left handed and have a hard time finding left handed bolts.

Quick Reply: I've got a confession to make!