Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I NEED SOME HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED SOME HELP

hello everyone,
i have a 2004 yfz450 and i live in niagara falls, ny the evevation is about 587 ft above sea level. ok now the bike ran fine all summer and now that its getting cold i need to rejet. i get a blue flame out the back and the bike pops on decel. my mods are: gytr slip on pipe, gytr jet kit and air box lid on. it gets cold here in the winter (5* to 20*)burrr!! so i took it to a shop to get jetted while i was away. when went to pick it up it was still mesed up..
also the diaphram in the excelerater pump was shot!! has anyone had this problem???? it can't be the gas i only use 93 octane. or could it be a defect... the rubber is just rotted away.. i dont understand

so I NEED HELP i would like to know where i should start with jetting w/mods listed above.

thanks kindly

joe fab

Old 11-11-2004, 02:39 PM
MTX
Pro Rider
Default I NEED SOME HELP

current jetting specs, also are gytr jets the same as keihn ?

Old 11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Range Rover
Default I NEED SOME HELP

thanks for the reply...

i dont know what jets are in right now. i broke the bike in and then put a gytr slip-on pipe then droped it off at the dealers and they jetted (gytr) it. it was fine all summer long. then when it got colder it started popping on decel and spiting out a little blue flame. so i figured it was jetting.. now i have to replace the diafram in the accellarator pump. as for the jets being the same i do not know if they are..

thanks
joe