Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who makes long-travel arms for banshees?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes long-travel arms for banshees?

I have been talking to Elka recently and I decided that when I can afford it, I'm going to get some quad-rate dune-tuned shocks from them. My dilemma is this: how long do I want to wait? I can get one setup, without rezzies or compression adjustment within the next month for $590 and a set of a-arms from atv four-play for $799. Thats if I want it now (I've always been an instant gratification kinda guy). If I wait a while (maybe 6+ months), I could get a set of piggyback rezzy, compression adjustable shocks for $1070 and a set of arms from someone else (haven't decided yet) for $900-1100. I'm more likely to get the $590 and $799 set now, especially because if I dont like the shocks as they are, later on I could upgrade them to remote rezzy comp. adjustable, but the a-arms are the real question.

Who else makes long-travel arms for banshees? I looked at Houser, they dont make any, I cant find a site for Leager or Gibson, Roll looks really nice and I'm 99% sure they make them, but their website is down and has been for weeks, and I think they're expensive. Herrmann's website doesn't show them, I know they make long-travel arms, but they don't show anywhere that they make them for banshee's. Janssen makes some, but their website says that the Elka quad-rate shocks don't fit (I guess the arms only accomidate a 17" shock, and the elka's are 19 1/4"). Atv four-play makes them, theres only one size option though, they only come in +3, +1. I'm likely to get them, but I just wanted to know if there are any other options.