Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just upgraded too full Yoshi from GYTR slip on,my thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just upraded too full Yoshi from GYTR slip on,my thoughts

As the title says thats what i did. Ive read forever the debate of a slip on vs a full system forever,so i decided too try it myself. Im very pleased with the Yoshi,fit and craftsminship is top notch,fit like a glove. So i stepped up the jetting on it one size with my dynojets,im running 148, and 150 now,stock pilots too. I planned too go riding this weekend but we got hit with so much rain this past week,everything was soaked and muddy. So i ripped it up and down my street numerous times. I can gladly say i can feel the difference over my old slip on. It lost no bottom end power like ive heard some say a full exhaust will do. It actually feels like it has a smoother powerband also. But i really noticed it in the upper RPM's. It pulls harder and longer in the high rpm range. Ive only got it in 3rd gear on my street,I got cool neighbors here,but i didnt want too push my luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . But i can feel the difference already. Cant wait too get this thing out in some woods,trails,and some tracks too really let it loose. Just thought i would share this,maybe it can help somebody make a decision down the road

Old 11-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Just upgraded too full Yoshi from GYTR slip on,my thoughts

I know this is an old thread...but I need some help!

I was wondering about the GYT-R? Was it a good system? Have you heard anything good about the full GYT exhaust & how it compares to the Yoshi? How much did you pay for your Yoshi?

Old 11-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

i love my slip on.......of course at the time there was little to choose from

Old 11-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally posted by: bluethunder
As the title says thats what i did. Ive read forever the debate of a slip on vs a full system forever,so i decided too try it myself. Im very pleased with the Yoshi,fit and craftsminship is top notch,fit like a glove. So i stepped up the jetting on it one size with my dynojets,im running 148, and 150 now,stock pilots too. I planned too go riding this weekend but we got hit with so much rain this past week,everything was soaked and muddy. So i ripped it up and down my street numerous times. I can gladly say i can feel the difference over my old slip on. It lost no bottom end power like ive heard some say a full exhaust will do. It actually feels like it has a smoother powerband also. But i really noticed it in the upper RPM's. It pulls harder and longer in the high rpm range. Ive only got it in 3rd gear on my street,I got cool neighbors here,but i didnt want too push my luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . But i can feel the difference already. Cant wait too get this thing out in some woods,trails,and some tracks too really let it loose. Just thought i would share this,maybe it can help somebody make a decision down the road
For any one with a thought if a slip on is better thana full system here's your answer.