Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YFZ Help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YFZ Help please

Ok her is the thing i am getting a yfz450 this holiday weekend. i was all disided on the blue one. but whne me and my mom( the treasure of the family) wen tto the dealership the sales man said that since i wanted to race gncc races the i should get the white on cause the white stress marks wouldn't show up. is this i big problem on the blue ones or after 3 races is it going to have white marks everywhere after i rub fenders with people and scrap a few trees. Need opions with reasons to back either side up. thank you need responces soon hopefully geting it saturday.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

i can't desided on the colors because of the stress marks that the blue gets. and is the blue plastics the only plastics that get stress marks. like would the suzuki's get stress marks or is it just yamaha's blue plastic?

Old 11-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Nope blue plastic isn't the only that gets stress marks. My buddy crashed his kfx and it has stress marks all over it. If you get bad stress marks that you couldn't get out you could always cover them up with stickers. To take the stress marks out you can use a heat gun.

I wish i would have gotten the red & white yfz. But the only reason i wish i would have gotten it is because of the red frame. Oh and sorry if my english isn't working tonight i have had a couple to many.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

I haven't stress marks on my white one, though the rubing from the pants does make the white plastic into black, but that could be cleaned, also I think it looks better becaise of the candy red frame.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

i don't race by my blue raptor only gets white stress marks when I roll it and kink the plastic pretty good, i wouldn't think that racing would mess it up too bad but wrecking would

how is this that you can fix the stress marks with a heat gun? could you use a hair dryer? do you just heat it from underneath slowly till they go away?

Old 11-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Jim888
how is this that you can fix the stress marks with a heat gun? could you use a hair dryer? do you just heat it from underneath slowly till they go away?
The heat gun pretty much shrinks the plastic poors(liek throwing plastic in a campfire) that have been widened whe nthe plastic is streched.. don't apply to much or to close or it mgiht melt your plastic... Hair dryers don't putoff enoghu heat... and i beleive u heat it on top(so you can see it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Old 11-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

so do you think i should get the red or the blue. i'm leaning towards blue still.

Old 11-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

anyone??

Old 11-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Who cares, go for what you think looks better, its all gonna get scratched up and so on any color you go, if your gonna use it, its gonna get used. Thats just part of riding it, you can't baby it forever. You can always cover it with stickers, decals, and w/e and if it really annoys you, you can always replace the plastics. I would go for blue becuase I think it looks better, or if your willing to spend a little extra, go with the black.

Don't think worry about it getting scratched up, cause then your never gonna ride it like you want to. I have a snowboard that I didn't want to scratch up, once I did I said, screw it, and from that point on I had a lot more fun.

Thats just my 2.

MIke.