Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just bought 2003 Grizzly... I have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 2003 Grizzly... I have a few questions.

I too, just bought an 03 660 Grizzly, and I also paid $6000. Mine has lots of extras, 2500lb. Warn winch w/ rocker switch, Warn front bumper w/ light kit and roller fairlead, front rack basket, removeable spot light, hand guards, 25gal. spray tank and pump, hose reel for tank, 10ft. boom for tank, Swisher mount kit with snow blade and front bucket, helmet, goggles and gloves. The bike only had 245 miles on it. Lots of external stuff, but I doubt much has been done to upgrade the bike itself. I've been pricing new and watching ebay and such, and it seemed that it was a deal I couldn't pass up. The extras alone totalled around $2500.

I recently sold off an older Polaris and was looking for something with a bit more power for work on the farm, and play of course. My only complaint so far is the shifter. Not that thrilled about having to use the foot brake every time to shift. The Polaris was much simpler, especially when you're pushing snow and having to reverse a lot. Other than that, it seems to have power up the wazzoo.

You guys have me a bit scared already about the cv joints. It sounds like I should just upgrade now to avoid a certain problem down the road. I'll be looking to upgrade the wheels and tires here soon also. Any recommendations on exhaust. I know that I can increase power with and exhaust upgrade, I just don't want to get into something that's to loud. I'm also do quite a bit of hunting, and I dont care to be heard on the next mountain (if you know what I mean).

Any way, Thanks for any advice. I'm a newbie to this site, and plan on using it frequently.

Thanks,
Joe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 2003 Grizzly... I have a few questions."></title><script src=

Help!

My son messed up my 2003 Grizzly 660 today. Today, he took it mud riding and he went through some deep water. Now my differental lock light will not turn off, so now it misses if you go above 22 mph. You can hear the electric motor engage and disengage the differental locks but, the light never changes.

About 1 year ago, I electrical greased my computer box and connectors under the seat. I never did grease the connecters on the differential.

So tonight, I undid both electrical plugs on the differential and greased them. It did not change anything. Both electrical plugs felt and looked dry.

So what do you think my next step should be?