Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster wheelying gears

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster wheelying gears

hi there all!

Im just wondering about shifting while i wheelie on my 2000 blaster. It is tatoally stock. But anyways is it horribly harmful or bad at all to my transmission to shift gears withoutusing the clutch? if so can someone explain how to keep the front end down if i pull the clutch in.

Any help is greatly appriactiated!

Old 12-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

are you sure you posted that correctly??? might wanan check your wording... and YES it's harmful to shift without the clutch... why do you think they put a clutch level on quads?? cuz your spose to use it!!! also you can usew the clutch to shift whiel i na wheelie...

Old 12-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

When I wheelie on my Raptor, I don't use the clutch to shift. Sometimes I don't use the clutch to shift while I am just riding normal too. I just let up on the throttle and then shift, but I only do this when shifting up. When I shift down I always use the clutch. It might not be the best thing for your tranny or clutch, but I have done this on all the bikes I have owned and riden and haven't had a problem. If you don't let up on the throttle though, it is harder to shift it into gear, so I would assume that is pretty rough on your gears. But if you let up, it doesn't feel any different than when you do use the clutch. As for the last part of your question, I am a little confused. " if so can someone explain how to keep the front end down if i pull the clutch in." I usually don't have a problem keeping the front end down with the clutch pulled in, I don't know maybe I am doing something worng. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

-Brandon

Old 12-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: RaptorRookie
As for the last part of your question, I am a little confused. " if so can someone explain how to keep the front end down if i pull the clutch in." I usually don't have a problem keeping the front end down with the clutch pulled in, I don't know maybe I am doing something worng. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

-Brandon
yea i don't get it either??

Old 12-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

i meant to say keep the front end up in the air, soory bout that one. Im only asking this because when i do a wheelie and pulll in the clutch, my front end gos right down

Old 12-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well obviously [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you have to go back beyond the BP(Balance Point) when u pull it in so that when u release it again you are at the BP and it stay up... depending on what gear your in you can use the power of the quad to get it up/ keep it up but don't over rev...

Old 12-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

hey im on AIM if u wanna talk about it?

Old 12-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer

i will later talk on im now im in school breaking the rules! but im at the BP but sometimes my front end still gos down. I think tonight ill try wheelie and have throttle on the clutch when i let the clutch out hopefully thatll work

Old 12-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

usually the BP is at about 11 o clock? maybe 10

Old 12-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

actually for me it is right in between and sometimes the wheeler decides to go to like 2 o clock because i needa a grab bar

Quick Reply: blaster wheelying gears