Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

is 06 really the last year?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is 06 really the last year?

I thought 2005 was the last year. That's what my dealer says.

Old 12-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MasterRaptor
I thought 2005 was the last year. That's what my dealer says.
Well in quad years it'll be a 2006 even though it would be 2005. e.g the first year of the raptor was a 2001 but it was produced in 2000. Your dealer is probably talking about the year, not quad year

Old 12-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is bull....i have a question. Once they stop making the shees, are they going to stop making all the parts and accesories for it too?. I also heard that the shees were going to become illegal or some **** like that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JoeGotti
This is bull....i have a question. Once they stop making the shees, are they going to stop making all the parts and accesories for it too?. I also heard that the shees were going to become illegal or some **** like that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

First, they won't stop making 'Shee part's for probably 20 years, maybe longer. Look at all the quads from the 80's, they still make parts for most of those. Also, Banshee's, or any 2-stroke ATV, Motorcycle, whatever will not be considered illegal if it was manufactured before 2006.

As for Yamaha planning something special with the Banshee, they better do more than New paint and Graphics.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

maybe they'll bring back the warrior... i dunno... all those henderphiliacs out there.... they can't concentrate when there with nature bcuz of 2strokes so they want to get rid of them...

Old 12-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
maybe they'll bring back the warrior... i dunno... all those henderphiliacs out there.... they can't concentrate when there with nature bcuz of 2strokes so they want to get rid of them...
I can't make the comment I want, nevermind.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

If you want a banshee, just come to Canada. The pollution laws are only in effect in AMERICA. Why don't people understand this? The USA is the only country that has strict emmision laws and is going to be soon banning the USE (notice I said use) of 2 stroke engines. Canada however, and the rest of the world is far behind. We don't care about emmision laws yet therefor 2 strokes will still be around. I've talked to many dealers around here and no one has heard anything about discontuning the 2 stroke's.

Don't you remember when the 05 YFZ's came out? The days leading up to that I saw people arguing on here about it becoming a true 450. "my dealer to me, so Im right," "I heard it from a Yamaha rep, so Im right."
Sure enough it remained the way it was the year before, and will probably stay that way for years to come.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

Anyone ever follow an old dump truck? I think these tree huggers need to get their priorities straight. I have never seen a Banshee leave a cloud of smoke in the middle of an intersection. Some people just need to be roosted!

-Brandon

Old 12-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

It isn't the last year for the banshee here in Alberta.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
If you want a banshee, just come to Canada. The pollution laws are only in effect in AMERICA. Why don't people understand this? The USA is the only country that has strict emmision laws and is going to be soon banning the USE (notice I said use) of 2 stroke engines. Canada however, and the rest of the world is far behind. We don't care about emmision laws yet therefor 2 strokes will still be around. I've talked to many dealers around here and no one has heard anything about discontuning the 2 stroke's.
That's because there are only a handfull of people living up there in the great white north. Eskimoes don't have cars that pollute like they do in LA. Polar Bear farts aren't noxious enough to influence legislation.

Anyway, the way 4 stroke technolgy is improving, you will forget about 2-strokes in about 5 years....They will have the same or better response and power bands.

Quick Reply: is 06 really the last year?