Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I need help on a decisioin.. Do i want a raptor or a banshee??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help on a decisioin.. Do i want a raptor or a banshee??

Hey Raptorboy, change your name to YFZboy, go down to your local Yamaha steelership, and get you an '05 SE YFZ450. They have 3.9% and like $45/month. Don't pay over 7K out the door.

You will not be dissapointed or remorseful. Your 'ol lady may kick your butt and not talk to you for a week, but she will get over it.

After that, you can determine what mods you want to make depending on your riding style. There really aren't a lot that it needs until you get used to the bike. It's awesome right out of the shute. You'll be blowing your buddys away.

Make it so, boy!

Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

take the rap

Old 12-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 660RaptorRida
take the rap
Why do you say that?

Finance that for how long MasterRaptor???

Old 12-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

I think its financed for ever. I don't know the details, but that's how my buddy bought his YFZ.

If you pay the minimum payment past the 3.9% period, then your balance remaining goes up. Check out your local authorized Yamaha dealer for details. (And TV commercials on the Speed Channel) The minimum payment basically covers the interest. But hey, it gets you into it. You can be riding it and having a blast while you figure out how to pay for it. It's the American way! It's how George W. does things.

You could sell the rappy and pay off a big chunk of it.

If my Raptor blows up, that's what I will do.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

imo....go for the shee.i had a raptor...no problems with it except for the frame cracking around the upper shock mounts, which i think the lowering kit i put on it cracked the frame, i loved the raptor but i sold it n went out and bought me a nice used shee....i absolutely love the hard hitting powerband of the 2 stroke....4 strokes are nice but 2 strokes are a lote more fun.....and i do mostly trail riding/ hillclimbing.........all this is just my opinion....but ill say get you a nice banshee, you wont regret it

Old 12-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

listen, i was there. The 450 got it off the line, but after that, the raptor destroyed it. if you want to act like a 15 year old and call it an idiotic post, thatsw your right. and as for the governor comment, it was implying the raptor is bottled up, becuase a modified 686 should shamelessly destroy YFZ's. but go ahead, talk with your head up your ***. maybe if you'd stop listening to all the magazine hype yhou'd realize the 450's arent as much as they're cracked up to be.

Old 12-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

omg... another idiotic post. YFZs ARE quick. and no you didnt see any quad KILL any other. the 450's dont kill rappys, they may win, but its not a blow-out. and wtf are you talking about taking the governor off it....

and thats in response to ^^ that post from zilla

Old 12-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Why cant we all get along. Is there somthing wrong with buyng used quads or is it just what you see like bent stuff and stuff... What aftermarket parts make the YFZ 450 un-reliable?

Old 12-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
Some of you guys are so retarted. Mixing gas is hard? Wow people that think that must were velcro shoes. How hard is it to put 4 gallons of gas in a can a add 1 container of 16oz oil and shake. .

actually....if you do it the other way around, ( put the oil in the can first , then fill it with gas) you don't even have to shake it.
ahhhhhh......good old KX250 days........

Old 12-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheOwner
listen, i was there. The 450 got it off the line, but after that, the raptor destroyed it. if you want to act like a 15 year old and call it an idiotic post, thatsw your right. and as for the governor comment, it was implying the raptor is bottled up, becuase a modified 686 should shamelessly destroy YFZ's. but go ahead, talk with your head up your ***. maybe if you'd stop listening to all the magazine hype yhou'd realize the 450's arent as much as they're cracked up to be.
lmao, i dont even read those magazines, because half is lies, other half, is bullsh!t. and BTW im 16... and yes, ive seen YFZ's beat rappys off the start AND through the gears. and how am i talking with my hea dup my ***? how about you come to Mich and we can race....and what do you even have??

Quick Reply: I need help on a decisioin.. Do i want a raptor or a banshee??