Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VP's Ultimate 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VP's Ultimate 4

Yeah.... Am I missing something? 92 Octane on a 730cc 12.5:1 compression engine? I need to run 89-91 on my 11:1 stock bore. Ernie, is there a higher octane version you were running?

Old 12-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VP's Ultimate 4

YOu guys should call me about the Nutec Max-Pro i use, 104 octane and has 3% more fuel then maddogg, super clean and no gummng, I have ran the old and this new stuff and this is way cleaner and just as potent! We had some in DR Dunes YFZ at Dumont and he was a bit quicker for sure..

It's not on the site yet but i can get some, I will be sending some to Bob at Cr for some testing...

Old 12-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
YOu guys should call me about the Nutec Max-Pro i use, 104 octane and has 3% more fuel then maddogg, super clean and no gummng, I have ran the old and this new stuff and this is way cleaner and just as potent! We had some in DR Dunes YFZ at Dumont and he was a bit quicker for sure..

It's not on the site yet but i can get some, I will be sending some to Bob at Cr for some testing...
Sam - I tried that stuff and didnt see any improvement on my 690 when I was at Dumont last year. It just got me really loaded when filling my tank each time..... Whewww that stuff smells bad !!!!!!! Plus it was 20.00 a gallon and it came only in 5 gallon drums. Ran VP Red and didnt see any difference on the hill.

Old 12-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

You have to retard the timing to get the best out of it and to see any improvement, I have been messing with it and i deff. see a diffrence...But you have to get the mix just right, I left the old stuff too for a while but hate to say it ran much better with that stuff then reg gas....I do agree reg gas is cheaper! And for the smell i got some New fragrance called Cherry Bomb for gas...smells good...

Old 12-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

Maddog I know, that is not enough octane. Well a leason well learned and I did jet up 4 sizes on the mains. This stuff gums up and causes nothing but problems on a four stroke. Now I have heard Ultimate 2 is a higher octane and is for two-strokes????

All I know is I am not touching that stuff any more.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

I have used nothing but Ultimate 4 for two years now with no motor problems. If you let it set for a couple of months it will gum up is the only draw back I've seen.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Several people I know run this...I will pass along the message. Bob told me not to run it in my high compression motor back in summer...glad I listened and stayed away from it.

Thanks for the info Ernie.
Yea, I'm one of the "several people" and you still hadn't let me know I just happen to drop in and see this! What were you hoping to see the Drag-N out of the competiton scene? LOL

Thanks Earnie, I am going to tear the engine down this winter and have been using U4 for a while now (with noticeable gains) and will see what it looks like. I appeciate the heads up on this fuel... I had a VERY long talk with severl people from VP sales locations before I started running it, and they ALL said that it was a safe and powerful fuel to use with my set up. They did say NOT to run NOS with this fuel (and I don't) but for for strokes it was "liquid HP"!

I will let you know if it looks like it caused any problems in my engine, I will say that it was a strong running fuel! LOL I was planning on changing to probably C16 to run the nos after winter anyway, but this is more of a reason to do so!

Old 02-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

Ok... yesterday was one of the first warm days we have had in WV so I tore the engine out of the rappy for upgrades. I went ahead and pulled it totally apart as well to see what eveything looked like....

Piston looked fine no "burn marks" or "scorring"
Cylinder looked great.
But here is what I did find that I didn't like...
On the three intake valves and all over that side of the head there is a white GUNK that I am gussing was from the U4. I am going to clean it all up and polish it again, but it really makes me wonder what the inside of my carbs look like...

Just wanted to let everyone know what I found out....

Later,
Mike

Old 02-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

Better take the carb's apart and clean them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So what kind of upgrades you going for now?

Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default VP's Ultimate 4

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Better take the carb's apart and clean them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So what kind of upgrades you going for now?

I will be cleaning them eventually LOL after doing the tear down yesterday I couldn't bring myself to take out another screw! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As far as the upgrades... Its top secret! If I told you I would have to kill you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: VP's Ultimate 4