Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How much are people paying for a Raptor 350??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much are people paying for a Raptor 350??

Hey VelociRaptor350,

Noticed the upgrades you mentioned in your signature. I don't really know what those are for. Since I'm still a "newbie". Can you explain what they are? I assume the K&N stuff is an air filter, and the DynoJets jets are those fuel injectors? Looks like I may be getting the Raptor 350 in the white/red too.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

The k&n is an air filter, it flows more air then the stock air filter so it makes more power. The HMF is an exhaust, it flows more air out of the motor so it makes more power. Now with more air in and out you need to add fuel, the jets go inside the carb and let more fuel into the cylinders. They work like bigger injectors.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: VelociRaptor350
The k&n is an air filter, it flows more air then the stock air filter so it makes more power. The HMF is an exhaust, it flows more air out of the motor so it makes more power. Now with more air in and out you need to add fuel, the jets go inside the carb and let more fuel into the cylinders. They work like bigger injectors.
Cool! So how much hp do you think you added with these performance add-ons ?

Old 12-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Want to help you out a little by getting this straight, the kawisukicat, and the rappy 350 are both totally different. The KFX400 is powered by a 398cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine featuring double overhead cams and four valves,DOHC motor(newer technology), the raptor 350 has a 348cc 4-Stroke Single, Air Cooled, SOHC which is old but very reliable. It's up to you, but I think you could handle the power of the 400, tell us how old are you, your height, and your weight, that will hep us alot.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

around 4-5 hp

Old 12-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: YFZ660R
Want to help you out a little by getting this straight, the kawisukicat, and the rappy 350 are both totally different. The KFX400 is powered by a 398cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine featuring double overhead cams and four valves,DOHC motor(newer technology), the raptor 350 has a 348cc 4-Stroke Single, Air Cooled, SOHC which is old but very reliable. It's up to you, but I think you could handle the power of the 400, tell us how old are you, your height, and your weight, that will hep us alot.
Well, I'm certainly no "young buck"....lol.. I just turned 32 and weigh close to 200lbs. and I'm 6'1" in height. Just last Saturday I went with my friend to the Yamaha dealer and he bought a Raptor 660 and we spent a good 2hrs taking turns riding it. It was my first time for that matter on any motorized bike what so ever and I was picking it up pretty good, of course I'll still need much much more practice. His bike was quick but since I never been on anything before I can't compare it to anything. So I can even say it's was slow....lol...jk.. I know that it's a fast bike according to what everyone says so that's why I was told I should go with something a little smaller to pick it up quicker with less chance of the power getting out of my control.

thanks for your help!

Old 12-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

You will be able to master a 350 after a few months, now you have to ask yourself if you want crazy speed or not.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Well, I'm certainly no "young buck"....lol.. I just turned 32 and weigh close to 200lbs. and I'm 6'1" in height.

Considering that, you have the strenght to go up a notch with the high performance. My smallest brother,14, with no experience learned how to ride the rappy and now is a good rider with both of my quads. Not telling you to change your mind, but the 350 looks a little to small for you, and if you are going to ride around with your buddy's raptor, good luck keeping up. If you want something to keep up and in my opinion not get bored of getting beat by your buddy, go with something bigger. Go with the range of 400-700cc. Don't worry, you will learn how to drive a quad eventually, you just need to know when your clucth and throttle skills are improving. It all takes practice. But really take a look at the 400's, mostly on the Z, it has good power, will keep up with the raptor, but not in a drag. Or consider a preddy.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

[i] But really take a look at the 400's, mostly on the Z, it has good power, will keep up with the raptor, but not in a drag. Or consider a preddy.
I think you are right. I'm usually a pretty quick learner with these kind of things so before I know it I may outgrow a 350 and get dissapointed b/c I can't keep up with my friends Raptor 660 and my other 3 friends who also have 660's.

Oh, yeah and above you mentioned "mostly on the Z" what's that? Bike or what? And what's a "preddy". Sorry I'm still knew to all the ATV lingo. I'm learning though....lol...

thanks...

Old 12-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry for not being informative, the "Z", is the Suzuki Z400, and the "preddy" is made by Polaris and is called the Predator 500. These are both good quads that will keep up with your buddies quads. And you hit the target, you will eventually outgrow the 350, and trust me, you will learn quickly, even my girlfriend learn how to ride the raptor with my supervision of course.

Quick Reply: How much are people paying for a Raptor 350??