Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

does a yfz wheelie good

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does a yfz wheelie good

I can do great wheelies on my new YFZ, I have found it to have a great balance point, and I can hold the throttle steady in 2nd and ride them as long as I want. Not bragging, but that is just what I have found.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

the yfz had a decent balance point... It's just different that most other quads.... I can ride a wheelie all day long on mine... 2nd - 5th gear...

Here's a video of a guy off of yfz central.com 's site. I'd say he found the balance point quite nicely.

Wheelie video

Old 12-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SpeedDemon13
Originally posted by: poopy
not the fastest but very fast. but ive never seen anybody pull wheelies on a yfz for more than like 5 feet.
whats faster?

the yfz is not the "fastest" stock quad. it is very fast and acccelerates faster than most quads in my opinion. it has a top speed right along with the raptor, DS, pred, banshee, 450R, etc. but none of those are the fastest stock quads. the stock quad with the highest top speed is the quadzilla, i think. thats what ive been hearing. but its not just top speed that makes you the fastest (fastest meaning the quad that wins). and i agree with zukiscott 100%

Old 12-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hebs
the yfz had a decent balance point... It's just different that most other quads.... I can ride a wheelie all day long on mine... 2nd - 5th gear...

Here's a video of a guy off of yfz central.com 's site. I'd say he found the balance point quite nicely.

Wheelie video
i was going to post that but ya beat me to it! but yea, thats a nice vid and yfz's can wheelie pretty darn good.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yfzs have sikk low end, thats why they so good in mx. I would imagine that they are decent at doing them because of that. But i couldnt know for sure because i never rode one.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

well i will find out for you when i get to try mine out saturday. i got it today for my birthday. but i'll have to do it when my parents arn't lookin. and by the way how long does it take to break in a yfz and ho wshoul di do it?
k your parents are buying you one of the most high preformances quads there is and your not aloud to do a whellee? do they expect you to just putt around

and does a yfz wheelie good? it dependes how good you are

Old 12-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

lol my parents ha dno idea what they were buying. i will tell them and then they will just say w/e. it every thing will be fine. i am the most spoild kid in the worl! i'm not kidding

Old 12-18-2004, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

the dealer always says do not go past 1/2 throttle for 10 hrs, 3/4 throttle for 15 hrs and full throttle for 20 hrs. This is very hard to do, but I made it about 10 hours before going to full throttle. I would also reccomend not holding the throttle in the same position for a long period of time and vary your speed. Then ride it like you stole it.

Old 12-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: buck183
Originally posted by: coolguy8769
well i will find out for you when i get to try mine out saturday. i got it today for my birthday. but i'll have to do it when my parents arn't lookin. and by the way how long does it take to break in a yfz and ho wshoul di do it?

Drive it like ya stole it and change the oil a lot.

PS...I'm not joking either.

Buck
I meant to quote that

Old 12-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Do some extensive research on this topic. I wasn't kidding. Ride the dog crap out of it. There have been numerous articles on this.

I break everything in like there's no tomorrow. I then maintain them top notch. I do not have problems with my equipment.

Buck

Quick Reply: does a yfz wheelie good