Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How do i disconnect the THROTTEL CABLE!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i disconnect the THROTTEL CABLE!?

AAHH ok well neways... been a busy week and tomorrow im cleanin my carb... only thing i don't know how to do is disconnect the throttle cable... so can someone PLEASE tell me how.. and give some instructions...

Old 12-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I have never taken one off of a Warrior but they are all usally simple. I think on warriors you unscrew the top of the carb and the cable comes with it. I'm not sure tho. Thats how it was on my old moto4 and banshee. The 400ex is different, it has a lever on the side of the carb.

Old 12-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

it doesn't come off on the carb... if it does it don't look liek it does... i fiddled with it for an hour last week trying to figure it out.. and no go...

Old 12-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Do warrriors have TORS? Because banshees cable connects to the TORS. Check that out. I don't have a warrior to look at right now but I might check the neighbors out tommorow n take a look at it.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

bump.. PLEASE helpme out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Its really confusing. i had to do it on my LT250R... ok, the cable goes down into a peice of plastic inside the top of the carb. Then theirs a peice that sticks up along the side of the cable, you have to get a needle nose and pull that peice up and it should pop off.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

ok...

Old 12-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't take the cable off to clean mine, but if you want to you'll have to loosen the cable adjuster to get slack in the cable, take the plastic cover off the left side of the carb, then you'll see the end of the cable going into the "cam" that rotates to go from idle to WFO, lift it off the cam to disconnect it.
The cable doesn't go into the top of the carb like it used to on the older carb models to lift the slide. Unless you have a broken throttle cable or the seal goes bad and gets dirt into that area so the cable doesn't move freely, you're better off leaving the cable on. I cleaned the jets and checked the float height with the cable still on.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

how??? i can't get it to turn...... much... oill try it... so i want to loosen te adjustment all the way i beleive it is... lol i am such a noob to carbs srry... and just 1/4 twist it and pull the cover for the bowls??

Old 12-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

You're better off leaving the throttle cable on if it's working smooth and not binding.
To get at the jets and float, turn the carb upside down, remove the 4 screws holding the float bowl on, remove the pin for the float (should only come out to one side, I use a small punch to push it loose, then pull out with small pliers), check that the float valve spring on the tip is moving freely, shoot carb cleaner through all the jets and orifices, blow out with air compressor, put float valve and float back in place, put pin back in, put float bowl on with 4 screws.
Watch the spring for the accelerator pump when you take the float bowl off and put it back on, and be careful when removing the float bowl that you don't break the gasket.
When I cleaned the carb a few weeks ago on my '93 Warrior there was a lot of dirt in the float bowl but the jets looked good and the float height was right in the middle of the specs. The spring tip was stuck on the float valve and it would drip gas from the overflow hose while sitting at idle. I sprayed it with carb cleaner and it's working fine now. I also added a small inline fuel filter in the fuel line to catch any dirt that's still in the gas tank (about $2 at your local auto parts store).

Quick Reply: How do i disconnect the THROTTEL CABLE!?