Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help! Kodiak 450 plow issue.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Kodiak 450 plow issue.

I think I have been screwed by my local Yamaha dealer.

I have had to send my 2004 Kodiak 450 in twice to get the Warn snow plow mounted properly and I still think it is messed up. They have been in business for 9 years and the genreal manager said "we put plows on all the time, we'll put it on for free". The first time they put the plow on there was no mounting hardware under the bike they simply pined it to the frame :roll: Talked to the manager of repair dept. and he says it was the first time they had ever done a plow. :neutral:

This time there is a bracket under there but I do not think it is the right one. It is a two piece unit and they had to redrill holes in it to make it fit the frame. They also used some low grade U-bolts to mount it and they have already rusted the nuts on.

The stealership says it is mounted correctly with the correct mounting bracket.

Does anyone have any pictures of a Warn plow mount bracket under their Kodiak 450?

Desperately need help.

Old 12-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure if there are any differences with the 04 to 05. But mine was installed by my dealer and they used the right brackets and hardware to mount it without drilling other holes. I will try to get pics of the brackets but it will be hard with the underneath being packed with snow. They should also have installed a J hook mounted on your front rack. This "J" hook is connected to your winch cable and will stretch out if the blade is lifted to high, instead of bending something else. This is if yours is winch operated.

Old 12-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

It is Winch operated. Thanks. I thought there should have been a j-hook as well.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone with pictures?

Old 12-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

I finally got Warn to send me instructions and photos, however if anyone has pictures of the mount on the bike I would still like to use them as fuel for the fire in my arguement against the dealership.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 03 Yamaha Kodiak 450

have warn plow and a winch, anyone have pics on how this works (winch attached to plow push tubes) I bought this used and do not understand how it gets hooked up.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

I have the setup on my Kodiak, did you get the plow mount for the unit?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes I have the plow mount on quad already. I have pictures of how it is setup now, but I do not know how to post them on here

Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

First get an online photo account, something like Photobucket.com. Then upload your photos to that account. When you want to post the photos in a thread, go to your Photobucket.com account and copy the photo's direct link URL, come back to your ATVConnection thread, hit reply, then click on the button as depicted here, the button circled by red:

An additional window should pop up asking for the URL, enter the direct link information you copied earlier and click "OK". Enter each independent photo URL for the corresponding picture using the same method. Type in the rest of your thread message and "Submit Reply". You can also choose to "Preview Post" first to see if your pictures are showing up correctly before you actually "Submit Reply". Done.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok I think I have done it. Here is the link to the pictures.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak With Plow Photos by njjane_bucket | Photobucket

Quick Reply: Help! Kodiak 450 plow issue.