Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How many people are STILL waiting for their Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2000, 08:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still waiting in MI. Ordered from Kensington Motorsports in New Hudson, MI. 2nd on list. $500 deposit 2nd week of July. Kensington called me on the 29th of Aug. to let me know the 1st one had arrived,----but it wasn't mine(awful nice of them, huh?) I called my salesman on Sat.9th he said any day, probobly on next truck( this week) I'm going to call Yamaha this morning to confirm. It's kind of strange that as of Friday a dealer near my house still hasn't recieved their first Raptor.?.? While I was at Bull Gap hill over the holiday weekend I'd heard that a local dealer up there(near Mio, MI, about 2hrs north of me) had one in that wasn't reserved and sold within an hour. Dealer Favoritism????? I still havn't heard any numbers from the dealer. Should be list plus tax, freight and setup.
Keep the video coming it's good therapy!!!

Anybody out there ride Bull Gap or The Meadows often??
Ride HARD, Ride Fast, just keep youra** out the grass!!!

Old 09-11-2000, 08:06 AM
Range Rover

Hey Guys,

I am first on the list! Still never got it! I am ordering from Race's in Bradford, PA. I have black and white raptor on order. I ordered it since June 10th!! The wait is killing me!

Wolverine16
99 Wolverine (for sale)
01 Raptor...anytime now!

Old 09-11-2000, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

I put money down on June 27, and am 3rd in line overall, 2nd for the black/white Raptor. My dealer in Kentucky doesn't know when his first one will arrive, but has said that I should have mine sometime in Oct. That's about all that I know.

Old 09-11-2000, 08:56 AM
Banned

Hello Chris660R,

I'm from Connecticut and I'm still waiting from my machine to come in. I put a deposit on a Blue Raptor. I was told by my dealer that the Raptor(s) should be in the middle of September. Also, I'm #2 on the list.

Old 09-11-2000, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Add me to this list! Im third in line at Iowa City Motorsports, IA. The first one has came in. I got to see it in person and ride it briefly. Dealer only gets 3! 1 in Sept, 1 in Oct, 1 in Nov.
I still have a wait and its killing me! Im glad I jumped on it when I did or else id be waiting till 2002 to get one though!

Old 09-11-2000, 01:56 PM
Range Rover

I'm still waiting also. However, mine is at the dealer! I'm just wating until I can take off work to drive the 500 miles to get it!

Old 09-11-2000, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

I just found out that mine shipped last thursday!!!!!!!!!! yeahaw!!!!! that means that I should be getting it twards the end of this week!! This is in Oregon so the peeps between here and where they are already getting them should be getting them soon!!!! best wishes to all

Old 09-11-2000, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

The two I ordered are coming in this week. I had 1 held at 2 seperate dealerships back in May when I heard the rumors. [I am Sales Manager for Trader Publishing {{Cycle Trader, Auto Trader, Tradin' Times, Auto Mart, Diablo Dealer etc.}} and always hear the rumors early.] I don't plan on keeping either. Just sell my bike to the next guy in line and make a few bucks. Next year if the Raptor is still the only fast 4-stroke with reverse, I'm buying one. At that time, you will be able to get one much cheaper just like the 400ex and the Banshee which are going as low as
$4,895 and $4,995 respectively.

Old 09-11-2000, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

My Black and White Raptor won't be in until Oct 30th. (But the dealer is trying to push it up. Yeah, Right)

And, to top it off, I stopped in my honda dealer today, set him off by telling him I bought a Raptor, and he proceeded to tell me that he his headed to Vegas this week, to some Honda show, and that Honda has a 600 coming out. He would have brochures on Saturday. (if I happened to change my mind.....NOT LIKELY)

He couldn't tell me if it had reverse, what colors there were, if it was a 600, 650, 700. Just that it was a new Honda "big bore" quad.

Then he fed me some line of crap that he heard all other dealers were reducing there orders on Yamaha's, Polaris's, and Suzuki's because of the new Honda "threat". blah blah blah.

At least I'll get to ride my Raptor on to my Truck. (By the end of october, we'll have to much snow to actually ride it.

Ride it like you stole it

Old 09-11-2000, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well, let me know when you get yours, I only live 45 minutes from Bradford, maybe we can go to Marienville, and run it against my 400ex (If I haven't sold it yet). I have to drive all the way to Lewis Center OH, to get mine, at the end of October.

(Plus, I'm in Smethport all the time, so maybe I could trailer down, and ride after work?????)

Quick Reply: How many people are STILL waiting for their Raptor?