Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee boost bottles: Yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 04:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee boost bottles: Yay or nay?

Do these things actually work? All I've heard is "no, but they look good." Anyone have any experience?

Old 12-24-2004, 04:53 AM
Pro Rider

Nay. Some say they add a little bottom end and in theory I guess it makes sense, but I've used one on a Nitro R/C and it did nothing.

Old 12-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

i actually used one on my rc car to

it was a mip boost bottle, i had a full blown race car tho, and a motor that was ported and polished with a turbo head, running on 15% race formula trinity fuel.

i helped i think because i was useing a ths racing pipe, and a rossi motor, which were both setup for explosive mid range for specific tracks, the bottle only helped down low in the rpm, for me first gear, when it shifted to second there was no power gain( because the motor is already revving.

v581

Old 12-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

They say it increases throttle repsonse a lil bit but i wouldnt waste my money..

Old 12-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yay. Its 40$ for a boost bottle. if you had reeds and an exhaust, ide go for it.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

NAY.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Vinson581
i actually used one on my rc car to

it was a mip boost bottle, i had a full blown race car tho, and a motor that was ported and polished with a turbo head, running on 15% race formula trinity fuel.

i helped i think because i was useing a ths racing pipe, and a rossi motor, which were both setup for explosive mid range for specific tracks, the bottle only helped down low in the rpm, for me first gear, when it shifted to second there was no power gain( because the motor is already revving.

v581
Why are you only running 15% race formula, 20% or 30% would be better. I have a Traxxas Revo and that thing dumps. The only bad thing is i just blew my stock engine yesterday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

i think someones exadurating...who ported and polished your cylinder on your R/C car? full blown? you cant put superchargers on them... and 15% would be horrible, expecialy with porting and hop-ups.... i run 20% and i have a Siro Piston/Sleeve Siro Crankshaft, Big-Bore header, CVEC Exhaust, K&N Air filter for engine mods... on my TRX 2.5...

Old 12-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 86LT250RFatty
i think someones exadurating...who ported and polished your cylinder on your R/C car? full blown? you cant put superchargers on them... and 15% would be horrible, expecialy with porting and hop-ups.... i run 20% and i have a Siro Piston/Sleeve Siro Crankshaft, Big-Bore header, CVEC Exhaust, K&N Air filter for engine mods... on my TRX 2.5...

Actually, I do recall someone building a supercharged Maxx, but I never saw it run. Porting is easy, I did it on some POS Orion.15, and it ripped. Lasted about 2 minutes, too(sleeve was worn already, so who cares). I'm not so sure about your supposed 15% Nitro, though. If I recall, the less the Nitro, the more HP and more, ALOT MORE heat. You must rebuild every tank of fuel?!

Old 12-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually they do make Supercharges for them. I have seen them, and it runs off the flywheel with a little pully that looks like a rubber band for braces. They cost 199.00 dollars, and they make them for the T-maxx especially. If you decrease in nitro, you loose power. The R/c cars are pimp as hell, except for them being money pits. I have to say though i have jumped my Revo 76 feet of a little plastic kicker ramp onto grass. Its Awsome.

Quick Reply: Banshee boost bottles: Yay or nay?