Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LTE versus Barker pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTE versus Barker pipes

I hear the LTE's are putting down near identical RWHP numbers, on a built Raptor, as the Tim Barker pipes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Anyone else see them dynoed back to back?

Old 12-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't know about any of that but, the LTE's look alot better. imo

Old 12-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Where did you hear it from? just courious. I like the look of the LTE but the left side goes under the seat.But then again the Barker require a notch on the left side.

Old 12-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've seen and rode LTE pipes on a stock raptor with uni filter and proper jetting, and a built stock bore raptor. The LTE's pulled the best on top end on both setup's. Maybe someone can confirm that the LTE's are putting down similar numbers as the Barker's. I also heard the Pulse Charger proto-types are putting down big numbers on a built Raptor.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

The Pulse Charger prototype exhaust is putting down massive numbers on built motors....I believe I read that Mad Racing threw the PC on one of their Rappies and here is what they had to say

QUOTE:
i was making somee dyno runs with a few pipes tonight on a 690 raptor. we tested a trinity pipe and sparks and pulse charger.i will say that sparks had more HP than trinity but trinity had more tq than sparks but if i was to show the dyno sheet of the pulse charger you would call me a liar. i will show you how it runs jan 16th though
i will give you a hint the TQ curve and a wall have something in common

Sounds promising if you ask me.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

RAPTORAZ.I dont know much about the Barker pipes but i have the LTE system on my 690 and from midrange to the top end i think they are probably about as good as any other system out there.I am not sure how the LTE would perform on another 690 but on mine i can usually get come from behind wins in a sand drag as long as the race is longer than 300 feet.I am just now breaking in a new 12.5:1 piston that should help to give me more low end but time will tell.With the LTE i can get out on the sand flats and the top end just keeps on pulling and in fact next time i go i will take my GPS and see what the top speed is with my set up 12-44 gearing and 22" haulers.The LTE is a top end pipe for sure but for longer sand drags that is a good thing in my opinion.If anyone has the HP numbers on the LTE and the Barker that RAPTORAZ mentioned i would like to see them.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Don't know about any of that but, the LTE's look alot better. imo
I agree. The LTE's definately look more "rideable".

Old 12-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

TTT

Old 12-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The barker pipe does better than the kenzs copy of the mbrp. Both the kenzs and the mbrp are straight out pipes. The barker uses different size pipe and megaphone tech. I thought the lte was just a dual pipe set-up. While 2 pipes are better than some the thing the barker pipe does is make big numbers up top. If your builder can make power up top the barker is the way to go. The barker was not that impressive over the t-day holidays, but then again the quads that were running the barker do not make hp up top.

some of the local Craycrafts have dynoed the Barker pipe and they sing on top. No other pipe comes close. Magaphone tips on the Mbrp/craycraft original raptor drag pipe closed up the gap

I personally like the stainless MBRP/Craycraft myself and a nice pair of megaphones makes a big difference

Old 12-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
The barker pipe does better than the kenzs copy of the mbrp. Both the kenzs and the mbrp are straight out pipes. The barker uses different size pipe and megaphone tech. I thought the lte was just a dual pipe set-up. While 2 pipes are better than some the thing the barker pipe does is make big numbers up top. If your builder can make power up top the barker is the way to go. The barker was not that impressive over the t-day holidays, but then again the quads that were running the barker do not make hp up top.

some of the local Craycrafts have dynoed the Barker pipe and they sing on top. No other pipe comes close. Magaphone tips on the Mbrp/craycraft original raptor drag pipe closed up the gap

I personally like the stainless MBRP/Craycraft myself and a nice pair of megaphones makes a big difference

The LTE's are a megaphone design as well.

Quick Reply: LTE versus Barker pipes