Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

This website cost guys a lot of $$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This website cost guys a lot of $$$

hands down, by far this is the best set of forums ever created, even down to the graphical layout, it looks professional, while maintaining a user frendly enviroment, its definately the people who make this place as well as the owners, thanks guys.

keep up the good work

v581

Old 12-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I'm right there with you guys....

I started out with a xr600 pumped to a xr628 in a lonestar 250R frame...

THEN!!!

My Aunt, Uncle, Dad, and Mom got raptors... and found out about this website and went to 4sw's two

My dad and Uncle came back and wanted to go with the winning sparks 690 build and I wanted to have a more potential motor so, me and my sister bought my uncles and dad's old bikes and they upgraded to new 03 bikes and sent the motors directly to curtis... and I couldn't be slow so I sent mine to Bob Craycraft (highest dynoed bike)

Mine came back first took 2.5 weeks... my dad was guaranteed 2 months and it took 8 months...

he was faster, my wrist pin on my JE piston broke... I went with the 730 and am slowly passing him but he is a better driver...

the FAM has spent a TON of money due to the FORUMS!!!

but we are happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

I have to say YES! If it wasnt for these forums I woulda never discovered AlbaRacing or Dual exhaust,it may not be as much as you guys spend on craycraft or sparks,but believe me,it cost a pretty penny to send the dual exhaust to Spain!!! Then theres Alba,so many sweet peices,mmmmmmmm Alba *drools* I just ordered another batch from them as my Christmas present... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Too funny. I am in the same boat as everyone else. Spent thousands on my banshee only to sell it and buy a YFZ450 swearing to my wife I'll keep it all stock. Well then I start reading about big bores and people actually making these things fast.

Now Chapter 2 begins. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

im right there with you guys, i purchased a 03 warrior and modded it to it's fullest potential and was not happy. i then traded it in on a raptor 660 and im now happy. but i have started the after market process. i did not know any thing about making these bikes handle better or any go fast tricks like jets and stuff. yah i have spent quite a bit but i wouldn't have it any other way. i love my hobby.

04 raptor 660
k&n filter, dg nerfs, dg skid plates, moose bumper, douglas wheels, no baffle in the exhaust,

Old 12-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

this site has also convinced three of my friends to purchase raptors. we go riding all the time and share things we learned on this forum.
i learned how to rejet a warrior on this forum.

04 raptor 660

Old 12-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

sincerely,,,,,,,,i want to thank everyone on this site for making it the best atv forum out there.
and have a happy new year

Old 12-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with yamaha660R, im already getting funds together for a 435 kit from FST, this site sucks.......j/k

Old 12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, this site has SAVED me tons of money. By learning how to do things on my own, Ive saved a bunch of $ on labor. Ive done my own valve adjustments, rejetting, piston/cam swap, troubleshooting and modding. I was probably gonna do these mods anyways!
Thanks guys, sixsixT, 14mins...you guys are great.

Old 12-28-2004, 07:29 PM
H
Pro Rider

You guys sure do spend a lot of money on raptors so they'll run with DS's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's all GOOD and everyones a winner if their haveing fun at what they're doing. Keep that information streaming cause it keeps us DS riders on our toes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: This website cost guys a lot of $$$