Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

atv accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv accident

Thats why people like you & I should stop & talk to them when we see them . Remind them to wear the proper equipment, know the area they are riding in & ride within their limits. Kids think they are industructible & want to "show off" for their buddys , but if older more experienced riders talk with them they might think & maybe a few less will get hurt. But we can't come across like we're preaching or they'll just tune us out .

Old 01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

Im sorry but this womman might just be the stupidist person that i have ever heard of.......She must have looked like a clown on a mini bike. Anyway, it is people like her that give atv riders a bad reputation. If your going to ride, where a helmet, even if you have to make an extra trip back into the house. Im sure the people that have died because of not wearing a helmet are saying that now.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

You must be a very older person,and a father, do you not understand kids today dont care???
If you stop today and say that to a teenager or a kid they will laugh at you and will not listen. Thats why its kinda "funny" when they get hurt because they will not listen. The best thing to do is to just set something called an "example" and always where YOUR helmet to show them its not stupid and run i mean dont run from the cops. stupid grandpas!

Old 01-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

Also didnt you notice it was a Kentuckian??? hell you could expect something like that from someone in kentucky lol.

Old 01-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default atv accident

I've run into quite a few "kids" who weren't wearing helmets in the past 3 + years & they do listen when I talk to them & tell them about loosing my son on a ATV. I understand kids & why they do what they do & I may be a grandpa but I'm not closed minded enough to make judgements about a person who gets hurt , I don't care where they're from . I've seen they same guys who at one time weren't wearing helmets , wearing them to this day. Just think for a minute that maybe that lady gign't have much experience riding that or any other bike, does that make her accident funny. If your answer to that question is yes, then you need a "check up from the neck up" !

Old 01-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

yes

Old 01-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

i mean no.

but if your not experienced you should NOT be on it being crazy!

Old 01-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

what kind of 33yr old girl goes out an rides a 100cc crap mobile and flips over...and then she musta made a big deal about it because she went to the hosspitle, and they released her the next morning! what a baby. i hope she doesnt have a mustang or something, shell start doing donuts for no reason then jump out the window...musta been a hick. to bad she didnt die (im mean2 pple like that)

Old 01-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Lon
Trailblazer
Default atv accident

Some just don't get it.

Don49 - I can't begin to imagine how you cope. Just reading and looking at the pics of your boy just rips me up. But it just reinforces me to continue to work with my boys and continually train them and teach them respect for these machines.

I think it's great that you make you way to the quary to keep an eye on other folks. God Bless you and your family.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

look, im not saying not to tell people to understand im telling you that kids you meet on the street probalbly dont care what you say, the best way is to make an example, where a helmet and fall off and say (whooo thank god for my helmet) or something lol

Quick Reply: atv accident