Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Im stuck between the Raptor 660 and the Predator???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im stuck between the Raptor 660 and the Predator???

I would get the Predator.
There almost the same price and you have to drop amost a grand into the Raptor to make it handle as well as the Predator.
And this is coming from someone who has both in is shop.
I like the Raptor a little more for trails because of the torque.
But the cost to get them to handle the same kind of stinks..

I"m happy with the Raptor and will not sell it but if i was going to do it again i would have been money ahead with the Pred.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:37 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
Originally posted by: RAJ
Predator.....unless you want starter problems and the carbs poping out of the boots, then get the Craptor! I was not going to say it.....but when you call Polaris poopalaris...can't help my self.
okay the starter...wow if u can afford a raptor and not a $90 part then somethings wrong....and u obviously dont know how to jet or your buddys with raptors ride them upside down

It's jetted right! We have done many of plug checks. It's junk! I guess when you spend a 1000.00 more on the Raptor then the Predator money is tight.

Dfitz....ya you and 14mins both crack me up too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!!.....NOT! But hang on looking at that crack in your pictures....now thats funny!

Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Not the raptors fault JE made a bad Piston. Doh! Bad raptor, bad raptor. I would still take my flinstone style raptor over the pregonator. Yaba daba doo!

Old 01-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt buy either my buddie has a Predator and he,s had problems with it since he got it not to mention it wont hook up at all, it just spins. He's got a k&n filter, no airbox, jetted, full yoshi pipe and in wet grass i can stay beside him draggin with my 400ex which has a k&n filter, jetted, hot cams stage 1, and full yoshi pipe. Never tried on blacktop or dirt might be differt story if so.

As for the Raptor a buddie of mine just got one a few days ago haven't had a chance to ride with him yet, but a guy i ork with has a 2001 and i Know he's replaced the gear on the starter a couple times, and he replaced his tie rod ends to many times to count. He said he would barely hit something and it would bend the end so he went and bought an aftermarket set at 200$ i think.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Honda's are gooood. RAJ I'M JPWY It's all good.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:23 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Same here, I don't have a problem with Yamaha, or the Raptor. Maybe one of these days we will all get along. (Yahama & Polaris) I would say go ride both and see what you like.

Drgnerth, what kind of tires does he have? The stock razor's suck. My 05 hooks up to much...going to get a longer swing arm soon. The engine sets back farther on the 05, thats way I hook up like I do. If he has stock tires on it...thats his problem. I just ordered a set of kenda klaws yesterday for mine. The razor's do not clean there self in the mud.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO your funny RAJ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAJ
Same here, I don't have a problem with Yamaha, or the Raptor. Maybe one of these days we will all get along. (Yahama & Polaris) I would say go ride both and see what you like.

Drgnerth, what kind of tires does he have? The stock razor's suck. My 05 hooks up to much...going to get a longer swing arm soon. The engine sets back farther on the 05, thats way I hook up like I do. If he has stock tires on it...thats his problem. I just ordered a set of kenda klaws yesterday for mine. The razor's do not clean there self in the mud.
He has Carlisle something or another. so is the 2005 swingarm any shorter or just the weight of the motor farther back make it hook up better. Because my buddies Predator is almost impossible to wheelie in 4th or 5th.

Old 01-06-2005, 03:28 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

The swingarm in the 03 is longer then the 04 and 05. The 04 and 05 are the same, but the weight of the motor setting back farther is way mine hooks up so good. My buddy on his 04 can wheelie in 4th for sure.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

Ive rode both bikes, heres my opinion, Im happy with the power of both, i dont like the raptor setup, it dont look to be any wider than a 300Ex in the back but hey it seems to handle fine for me just looks odd. the predator impressed me when i first rode it cause ive never liked a polaris, i had seen nothing but bad out of them for a long time but hey i reckon anyone can change but i will say i ride with an 03 Prdator everyweekend and that thing wont go nowhere on the trail and in a real real tight trial i dunno how i would like it cause they look soo wide

Quick Reply: Im stuck between the Raptor 660 and the Predator???