Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

91 Yamaha Warrior........Need Some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Yamaha Warrior........Need Some Advice

Just had the opportunity to pick up a 91 Warrior at a really good price.

It will need a couple of things and I would like some opinons.

First Tires. Fronts are really not that important to me but the rears need really good traction in a couple of areas that I will be riding in (on my own property) soft and a little muddy at times. I'd like something good that doesn't break the bank if that's possible.

The second is exhaust. My understanding is that the exhaust that is on it is very loud....what is a good inexpensive slip on (or other) that will reduce the noise level?

Any other information you guys can throw my way would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ski

Old 01-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

hella reliable. check my profile, look at the pics of my 89 warrior. my front tires are getting bad too, but im selling it cuz i bought a new raptor. an excellent exhaust for that is the T-4 exhaust. its probably the best you can get and it isnt that loud. my warrior was great for me, i would highly advise buying this thing.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on your buy and as far as tires goes if you didnt want NO wheel spinn i would say get some GBC GATORS and it you do want some spin get some holeshots and as far as exaust i would get a HMF but if you want really quiet i have a stock pipe that goes on my 05 raptor i would have to make sure that it fit but i can do that any who it looks brand new i can get a pic of it no dent stains or scratches and its 100 times better than a stock warrior pipe ill sell it CHEAP saY 100 bucks and you can put the baffle in it and you couldnt even hear the dang thing running but let me know i also have some stock warrior tires that are at least 90% i can get pics of them as well. ill sell both of them for 50$.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

Tires:

A lot of people go with : ITP Holeshots, Kenda Klaws or Razrs.

Exhaust:

White Bros or a T4 seem to be popular as well as HMF or a FMF Powercore IV.

Do some searching on warrior+tires or warrior+exhaust and you'll get loads of opionions.

Lets see some pics!!

Old 01-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

i have a 98 warrior with bandit xc tires on offset rims, they are pretty good tires and hook when you need em to but they also have good spin. My quad is really loud because i have a DG rcm series pipe on it, but its alot better than than the stock exhaust because it isnt so restricted on the inside, but yea fmf powercore is a good one and ive heard a warrior with a white bros on it, sounds torquey and not loud.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Same as everyone else for tires, but I'd say the wb, hmf, or yoshi for exhaust. I combined the p.b. header from fmf with a yoshi slipon to have much more mids and highs. The headpipe will make it quiet at idle but when you hit that powerband it will surprise you and probably wake the dead.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys!!

Has anyone ever heard of Carlisle(sp) tires? I saw the at Wal-Mart of all places and they look decent but I've never heard of them?

ski