Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha quad vs honda bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha quad vs honda bike

Originally posted by: Crash350
i have a 1998 yamaha warrior, i just put 1100 bux into the motor because it was spanked. it now has a wiseco high compression piston in it, its bored .50 over, new valves, basically a brand new warrior motor. It also has 4 new bandit xc tires on offset rims, and a DG rcm series pipe. my friend has a 1994 cr 125 its all stock, but he did put a wiseco piston in it also, and a brand new pirrelli rear tire. He thinks he can take me, but my quad has alot of grunt and some good speed, i think i can take him. but he thinks other wise. tell me what you think.
your screwed!!! man, quads and bikes are never even unless your running a bone stock YZ250 vs an alcohol+nitrous banshee...

Old 01-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

dude wat r u smokin even w/ a sproket chnage u should still b beating a blaster by a long shot w/ a 125 or w/e u have a rm-85 can stay w/ a ds 650 it wont beat it but it will stay w/ in 1-2 lenghts the ds is the faster quad out right now and dats a 85 ok imagine a 125 or 250
i wouldnt b surprised if a 125 w/ just a pipe and can beat a ds ok lets think about this a quad loses alot of its power at the crank and still has 2 wheels to spin and dirt bike dosent lose as much power at the crank and only has 1 wheel to spin the yz 125 has around 35 hp stock wat does the warrior have ......... 18-20 and even w/ your mods yur not gaining 15 hp

Old 01-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

yea take a look at my cr125 in my profile.. i can smoke anything pretty easily... the bigger cc quads have better top end than me but i know i can get to 60 alot quicker.. i would say my bike tops out at high 60's but im not that sure.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2phast4u
it dosent matter how old it is if i was resently has a new piston its just lik it was an 05 the warrior will lose get over it u ask a ? u get a response u dont like to to god darn bad get over it move on if u wanna b comparing your quad to a dirt bike get sumthign other then a warrior a warrior wasent built for any intention of speed if it was dont u think it would have more then 2 valves i mean cmon if u wanted a quad to drag yur friends cr 125 u made the wrong choose unless u wanan thru massive amount of money into it but if u do be my guest

the warrior was one of the toughest TRAIL quads untill the 400ex and then the rest of the 400's soo just think about that maybe it will help u better understand where im coming from
amen to that, older bikes will run good, that's all my local parts shop owner runs, the old bikes, you would almost need a 500cc 4 stroke to beat it, 450s would probably by a little, but they are light weight and have lots of power, just because it's 11 years old doesn't mean it won't get up and go, now back to the question, i know you'd get smoked, by the time you got out of the hole he'd already be gone, no buts about it, and if you even plan on getting him on top speed you'd need a straight line highway, cause he'd get there so much quicker than you.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

2Phast4u what are you talking about man. First of all what you said that my wolvy cant even touch 60. Psh i hit 58 the other day.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

last time i checked 60 was a bigger # then 58...... correct me if im wrong
whats given u all the speed all u have is a pipe and filter unless its that whinch or fender extensions idk

Old 01-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider

dude its the stickers, they give you like 5 hp........and if you cut your fenders the wind dosn't slow you down as much, with the stickers and my fenders cut i can do 120 on my rappy 350, i was clocked by a cop.......................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

heh...wolverine...if only that was true

seriously though, id have to say that 125 is going to take you. the wariors top speed is what? low 60's? my scrambler will do 65, and i usualy dont even bother taking bikes on. i can usually take em off the line, but thats it. i get screwed at 40+. the warrior i know is slower than my scrammy, so your more than likely lose.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For one, top speed usually meens nothing.

2nd, MX bikes do run out of gear on top, but they still do at least 70, I know my ex won't keep up with my CR topped out.

3rd, there is nothing wrong with them, but it is a Warrior for crying out loud! They are good trail bikes and all, but fast?

And finally, look at the ponies a bike is putting out compared to the weight, now look at the Warriors. This shouldn't even be debated. Now if you still say the Warrior will even have a chance one of two things is happening. One being you just don't have knowlegde of different bikes, and that is ok. Or two, you just get your jollies off telling stories over the net.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biohaZ
yea take a look at my cr125 in my profile.. i can smoke anything pretty easily... the bigger cc quads have better top end than me but i know i can get to 60 alot quicker.. i would say my bike tops out at high 60's but im not that sure.
I'll drag race your cr125...

Quick Reply: yamaha quad vs honda bike