Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

upgrading 03 banshee exhaust need suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading 03 banshee exhaust need suggestions?

Almost anything is going to be better than those stockers, FMF Toomey LRD all make great pipes

Old 01-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

i am still pretty undecided but atleast i narrowed it down to either toomey or fmf i'm still open to everyones suggestions

Old 01-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man if I were you, id get the LRD....

Click HERE

Old 01-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

FMF makes awsome pipes, I would look into fattys. I have rode a Banshee's with the fattys, Gnarlys, and T-5s. I like the Fattys the best. The fatty pipes w/ turbine core silencers sound evil and our queiter. The gnarlys make tons of torque and make trails and hill climbs so much easier. I really didn't care for the T-5s with a stock motor. They don't make much down low, have decent top end hit, and pull decently but there arn't my favorite. Look into fattys. Also did you order than single carb system? I hear they are sopposed to make good low end.

Old 01-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

if i get fmf i would probably go with the fattys or sst's i'd still like to hear from someone with a set of sst's on there banshee i already ordered the 35mm carb yea its supposed to give it a 20% low end increase and 15% on top end power i was thinking i wouldnt need the Gnarlys since i got the carb so i should look into mid range to top end power now also i want it to be louder but not extremely loud which silencers would be good for that the sst pipes say that they extend the over-rev considerably what do they mean by that

Old 01-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NastyNate03
also i want it to be louder but not extremely loud which silencers would be good for that the sst pipes say that they extend the over-rev considerably what do they mean by that
Turbine Core silencers are loud so are the Powercores. The Titanium and Q silencers are quieter. Over-rev means that they keep pulling in the top end after it make its peak Horsepower. I have never ridden a Banshee with SST's but I hear they are a good pipe.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

are the turbine cores and power cores loud like annoying loud for your neighbors or is it bearable also so the over rev just gives you extra power at top rpm does this mean you can also have it topped out alittle longer and not blow your engine

Old 01-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

No I don't think they are annoying loud, FMF silencers have a Nice smooth sound but are definatly louder than stock. It will just make more power on top end.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have used both the fmf and the toomeys , my concern is the carb thats to big for a stock motor. I think your main question you need to ask is what are you looking to use your banshee for and what are looking to get out of a set of pipes.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

i dont think ill have to worry about the carb being to big i see alot of people running this carb on basically stock shee's i'm looking to run my banshee on trails tracks and street i want it to have good top end power to get a good top speed and still have a nice kick in bottom end power to get me out of most situations

Quick Reply: upgrading 03 banshee exhaust need suggestions?