Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

upgrading 03 banshee exhaust need suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading 03 banshee exhaust need suggestions?

hey its my first post here so heres my question and yes i searched for answers and found some but not much i have a almost stock 03 banshee i ordered a stage IV 35mm trinity carb for it and now i want to upgrade the whole exhaust system which exhaust system do you's like and prefer i will be upgrading my banshee to be a mild racer but for riding on trails tracks and streets i want it to make the most hp throughout the whole rpm and gain niticable hp

Old 01-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

I like the Toomey T5s - Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

I have never rode a banshee with any other exhaust than what i have, but i have the trinity carb and a couple other mods but even when it was just a trinity carb and exhaust my bike ran real good with the FMF exhaust, i have the gnarly headpipes which they say are for bottom end but it you like top speed you can get a different set of headpipes but i dunno what ones are for top end

Old 01-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

did you install the trinity carb when it was stock with no other mods? or with when you got the carb on did it give you enough bottom end power im looking for midrange power and top end power im looking at fmf sst pipes are they a good choice

Old 01-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Toomey T5's or TR6's all the way!! They sound mean!! Dont get an FMF...

Old 01-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

the trinity carb was installed on the bike after the exhaust was, the bike has plenty of bottom end, for the past 3 years i done my trail riding on a 400ex so i was kinda nervous to go to a two stroke for trail riding, but with the mods it has, on the trail it does just fine. Most 2 strokes i was ever on was stock and when they got below the power band they was done, but on my banshee when it gets below the power band it will lug till it catches up with itself then it takes off. As far as your question on the SSt pipes, i really dunno anything bout them.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Banshee392
do you mind explaining why not go with fmf also why do you choose toomey t5's over everything else

Old 01-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Banshee392
FMF makes excellent pipes for 2 strokes and decent ones for 4 strokes. My cousin has an 01 with FMF (sst I believe) and my friend has an 01 with toomey 5's and reeds. The fmf equipped bike sounds better and is just as fast. On rideability the FMF is better with more useable power and better delivery.

Both sets are good, as are the knarly's. I would go fmf, but I wont discredit Toomey just because I dont like them as much.

Old 01-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

FMF's just dont give the power of the toomeys and I know there are better pipes out there such as Dynoport, CPI, LRD etc..

I would choose an LRD or a Toomey TR6

Old 01-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the FMF and Toomeys are great pipes, with FMF, you can get different pipes with low,mid, or top end, and a lot more choice in silencers, which is good for tuning to your performance / noise preferences. The Toomey is a great all around pipe with a great top end, hard to beat for duning or high speed runs. One thing that would lean me toward the Toomey is the Hush can you can bolt on, go from full race noise to 89 dB for noise law areas, and lose almost no power, some even claim it bumps up the low end. I have heard Banshees with both systems, they sound great, the T - 5 silencers are a bit small, and tend to be a little louder.

Quick Reply: upgrading 03 banshee exhaust need suggestions?