Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anybody tried the LTE exhaust on a Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody tried the LTE exhaust on a Raptor?

Originally posted by: artoux
Buy them, it was 719.00 + install
Sweetquads can get you them for less!!! Although "I" found this out AFTER I bought them,dang!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Range Rover

Here is my Story! I got my 03 raptor and wanted something many people didn't have. Dual exhaust and horsepower. It was completely stock at first. I got the LTE system for 640. I installed them in around 3 hours I would say. It comes with a needle and main jets. Really easy to do if you work on Quads. It was good to hook that day. Noticed alot of power. I wouldn't say it gave me 12 horsepower like the ad said but that's at a different sea level and best possible conditions I'm sure. It's a great sound and look awesome. The way the dirt and leaves kick up when you rev it. Nothing beats it. So Now I've upgraded to a 686, we will see what that does once I get back from Iraq this month. I'm just wondering how the Edelbrock single carb will work with the LTE. 26th of Dec and I'll be back. Anyone want to run one? Need to tune the carb [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Scott

Old 12-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Dont get the sigle carb....Stay away from those....Get 35mm or 37mm dual fcrs..

Old 12-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Range Rover

Well this is how I look at it. LTE pipes, of course, have alot of air flow. If you decrease the alot of air going into the engine which I think I will be doing, it would seem that you won't get as much out of the pipe. But, Think of it this way. Take anyone with dual carbs, do you think they are tuned perfect in perfect in low, mid and top end? Well with my LTE's, I will be tuned perfect after many runs and I don't have to take my plastic, gas tank, and carbs out to do it each time. So we will see how the Edelbrock handles with my LTEs. I'll keep you guys posted on the issue. Scott

Old 12-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

LTE pipes work great on modded raptors they flow a little to much for a stock one Randy builds some very good pipes

Old 12-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edelbrocks are a pita to tune at top end on a raptor with even a mild porting and cam setup. So if you're going to stay internally stock the rest of your days then you'll probably have a decided advantage over stock and bolt on raptors. But if you dig into the engine you'll find that the edelbrock loses its luster fast. I know of two local riders who eventually ditched the edelbrock in favor of the stock duals, and both were very adament about the "obvious superiority" of the edelbrock and the first to tell others how they should be running the single carb.

JME/O.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:44 AM
Range Rover

I'm stock now. But I trashed the motor when I came back on Mid-tour. Something gave way while drag racing so I got a new 686 with a Hinson Clutch. So we will see how the LTE makes this Motor feel. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Scott

Old 01-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey bud how is new single carb working for you let me know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

Hey Thanks for leaving a message. I've got about everything hooked up. Finally got back from Iraq. I'm stoked about getting this all done soon. I'll have pictures uploaded on here soon minus the .190 T-9 Black Pro Lock Beadlock rims with Holeshot XCR rires. I'm telling you what though, this Edelbrock Carb is freakin sweat. My buddy and I were stairing at it for about an hour. Couldn't get over how much came with it and how handlecrafted it is. I suggest getting one. Well I'll give you an updated on how the tuning goes. Looked the tuning instructions and it might take a good day to get it right. Scott

Old 01-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Last summer I put the single edlebrock on my raptor. I took the stock airbox off completely and went with a K&N straight filter with an outerwear. Just that change provided a big power boost. Was it just because of the airbox removal (stock airflow suck bigtime) or was it the edlebrock. Not sure there.

Next I added the dual LTE's. That combo seems to be kicking butt. Running down the beach in 4th gear, stab the throttle and pull up on the bars and you are doing a wheel stand at 40.

And to be honest, If I spent some more time getting it tuned, it could have more power to give.

Anyone that says this is not a good combo is wrong. Is it the best? The only way to answer that is with similar mods, side by side on the track/hill/strip.

Quick Reply: Anybody tried the LTE exhaust on a Raptor?