Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Im getting ready to buy exhaust for my '02 warrior, im pretty set on goinging with Yoshimura, is this a good silencer or should i go with something else? Will this silencer work with any head pipe, or do i have to get a certian one.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust

Welcome to the forms first off!!!!!!!!!!!2ND off i would say ditch the thought of buying yoshimura there so dang high its just ridiculous save yourself the loot and go to sweetquads.com and get a HMF slip on and a k&n air filter with a dyno jet kit you can get it all for around 340 and it WILL!!! give you a great gain i have them both on my 350 you can really feel it. Anyways good luck on your purchase let me know which one you go with. AN GOOD RIDEING TO YOU ----JEREMY

Old 01-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust

i agree yoshis are great pipes they are just way to expensive. like 2FAST said get a HMF you can even get them to match your atv.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust

The Pro Circuit T4 & White brothers pipes are recommended for the Warrior by Powroll (an awesome motor mod/race parts dealer/manufacturer for over 40 years).

If you go trailing this is what I would do:

1. Do NOT waste your money on a K&N/UNI filter with the stock mounting method for the warrior - stock mounting sucks *****, lets **** in, and it isn’t worth it (the foam breaks and falls apart later). I would go get a Pro Design Venturi (much better directed air flow) filter mount plate w/clamp on UNI filter & cut a nice hole in the air box lid. I would then get a K&N precharger or Outerwears filter cover (we call them douche bags here) cut it length wise then glue/silicone it over the opening in the air box. To make it look better use a cutting wheel and cut yourself a nice square portion of metal out of something and cut another square the size of the hole in this metal square the size of the box lid opening - bolt this down and use it as kind of a clamp/aesthetics add on to go over the "Douche bag" modded airbox lid.

2. Id go with a better carburetor if you can afford it; to be honest the warrior stock carb sucks and a better carb. makes a huge dif in the system so hold off on the specific jet kit for the stock carb. right now.

3. The above may not be the most cheap way but its def. the way to go for performance/keeping crap out of your motor; use the money you were going to put towards the Yoshi pipe and do this. Do all of this at once and in the long run your motor will be cleaner, you will only have to jet once, and your air flow & performance will be much better.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Exhaust

Thanks for the advice guys, i will look into thoes HMF slipon's.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust

Seriously take my advice on the stock mounting method thing though if anything!!!

Old 01-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Exhaust

Originally posted by: D3athShad0w
Seriously take my advice on the stock mounting method thing though if anything!!!
D3ath Shadow can u recomend any good website to get some of the stuff u mentioned, like the carburetor or the Pro Design Venturi filter mount.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust

www.albaaction.com www.powroll.com www.rockymountainatv.com www.sweetquads.com

That should cover nearly everything. That reminds me... on the White Bros carbs that Alba sells, what's the difference between the three for the Warrior? Whirpull throttle, Thumb throttle, accel pump? I'm guessing one for twist throttle, and on for normal atv thumb, and the third? I really like the price of the Thumb throttle, ha but what's the difference between them? Sorry XEcuti0ner for jacking the thread, but thought you might like to know too.

Edit: Yeah, just get a slip on, use the stock headpipe, and spend the remaining money on other things. It's been tested by Powroll and suggested by them to use the stock headpipe and slip on.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Exhaust

Thanks for the quick response, i will take a look at thoes website, ive ordered stuff from rockymountian, they have pretty good prices on alot of their stuff, so i will take a look at the other ones.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Exhaust

Strub pretty much covered it all, here is another - www.denniskirk.com

Quick Reply: Exhaust