Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

I personally do not think the rappy motor can stand up to long term high HP turbocharging as compared to the DS
With my limited knowledge, I would think the Rotax would be a much better long term solution as well..

RoostkIng...

Old 01-23-2005, 03:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know you didnt make the most power on your first trip out, it takes time. Would you agree or not?

Apparently that is wrong based on King's comments about RaptorOwner's bike. RaptorOwner didn't get to install his motor, and then was bashed by King for not running perfect durning the weekend.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

OK, What does KR commenting on raptorowners CrayCraft Racing full on drag bike have to do with a class winning turbo raptor?

Lets stay on topic here.

I ask again. Does anyone expect such a high performance bike to run its best on its first run out? Unless anyone here is a Big bore turbo/NOS expert, then I guess it will take time.. A year sounds about right!

RoostKing...

Old 01-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Roost- For once i agree with you, a win is a win wether it is by a foot, miles or whatever.

First time out should run excellent though in my opinion. If has just been PROFESSIONALLY built and put together. We read all the post about the FI self adjusting etc. So it would just be a case of how much boost to run. Why pay big money to have a professional job done and have to tune it in yourself? I am not talking about guys have port/polish and they put it together themselves in the garage here.

Races run like this are not always won by the highest hp machines. Tires/swing arm length etc play a huge part. But the longer the race is (distance wise) a machine with more hp can make up some deficits.

I would be a little pissed at my builder if i had a turbo/alky/nos/FI and just squeaked out a win against a race gas 690. I would kind of wonder what i got for 15k. Still i like the turbo's just need more time i suppose. I am personally trying to decide wether to turbo the raptor or the v-force for the june ATPT races and need to get started NOW.

Old 01-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

scooby, i'll make a vid of some of your runs vs the kms/kenz bike... you had one run that was simply AMAZING and you would not have been beaten if you ran like that the whole day

Old 01-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand why there is all teh should a, but could a's, the Turbo Raptor one. It doesn't matter if something went wrong, or someone goofed up, winning is winning. You boys sure don't understand the concept of racing.

Old 01-25-2005, 05:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thank you MOTOX26..

I dont understand either.. I hope you guys dont say, Well Pittsbrurgh should be in the Super Bowl, or the Dallas Cowboys were that. Its here and now.

Did you win, did you lose??? Does John Force say, Well if/when, but? Ever heard doug gust say" My practice laps are faster, so why don't you just forfiet the race now... ITS A RACE PEOPLE. Like someone said, its more than just HP. This bike WAS the Open Class Winner, hence the title..

Yea Franks Raptor didnt win the King of the hill event that year. You didnt hear either Frank, Ken or the Augie.. saying, But, If, or when..

Get over it and prepare for the future...

RoostKing...

Old 01-25-2005, 05:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

scooby, i'll make a vid of some of your runs vs the kms/kenz bike... you had one run that was simply AMAZING and you would not have been beaten if you ran like that the whole day
Rapfam,
You claim a dune/cinders bike that runs good with the right setup. Would you not agree that it is more than just H.P. that wins..?

Since I know you do, Why are you now dissing Franks raptor???

Its setup was better in all aspects and won its class. Not bad for 1.5 days tuning.. But you dont have video of that now do ya..

One run on a practice day is not a race for the victory RapFam... Youll learn that over time though! (for the record, if you and 14 want to keep dyno racing, Howard had it last year at 102 hp on the dyno 2 days before FSW IIV. You didnt hear Ken, Todd, Howard or anyone else say if, but the No2 I woulda... Thats what you are doing now...

RoostKing...

Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostKing
Rapfam,
You claim a dune/cinders bike that runs good with the right setup. Would you not agree that it is more than just H.P. that wins..?

Since I know you do, Why are you now dissing Franks raptor???

Its setup was better in all aspects and won its class. Not bad for 1.5 days tuning.. But you dont have video of that now do ya..

One run on a practice day is not a race for the victory RapFam... Youll learn that over time though! (for the record, if you and 14 want to keep dyno racing, Howard had it last year at 102 hp on the dyno 2 days before FSW IIV. You didnt hear Ken, Todd, Howard or anyone else say if, but the No2 I woulda... Thats what you are doing now...

RoostKing...
Roost who did I dis??? I simply gave credit to scooby's bike, nothing is wrong with that??? scooby's bike ran off and left all bikes on ONE run... but it was only one run, and it did not win... giving credit where credit is due, just like last year when everyone said howard should have won and was faster... scooby had the right setup on ONE race and on the next he was way ahead of the other bikes when the clutch went. what video are you talking about me NOT having???

Roost I'm laughing out loud very hard right now... wow did you read my post wrong. I NEVER SAW SCOOBY'S BIKE RUN ON SAT. I DON'T DYNO RACE. AND I DON'T BELIEVE IN IF THIS OR IF THAT.

I have videos of sunday ONLY (race day) and I will be posting those vids... setup is much more important than hp, and numbers on a dyno don't mean much (tuning only in my eyes) as proven with my sister's bike and stallion!

don't bash me when i'm simply giving credit to another person.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess "DIS; is not the right word. but you claim to not think about "IF"???

you had one run that was simply AMAZING and you would not have been beaten if you ran like that the whole day
Notice your quote. You would not have been beaten IF.....

If what? If he was setup for the hill? One run dont mean chit.. Which you know I think...

RoostKIng...

Quick Reply: Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor