Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 02:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

coulda, shoulda, woulda does not line the mantel with throphies, BUT it is easy to see scooby had more power. The guys that won the throphy KNOW they got lucky and who had the fastest quad. Winning the race is one thing, knowing you did so on a less powerful quad...

Old 01-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 14mins
coulda, shoulda, woulda does not line the mantel with throphies, BUT it is easy to see scooby had more power. The guys that won the throphy KNOW they got lucky and who had the fastest quad. Winning the race is one thing, knowing you did so on a less powerful quad...
Oh cry me a river, you always have more excuses and try and take away wins than anybody! It doesn't matter if he had more ponies or not, he didn't win! Do you know how many circle track races I have won being underpowered a bit, granted this is drag racing and power is more crucial, but if you can't make it stick what good is it.

So I guess the Turbo Raptor should hand over the trophy since he didn't have the most powerful quad right? Give me a break. Like I said before, some of you boys don't understand what "racing" is, in any form of it. So go pull up you panies and worry about the NEXT race, not the last. Your only as good as your last race, and it seems some of you aren't as good as you want to be!

Old 01-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

MOTOx26,

Dont waste your breath, 14 mins lives by the dyno and thats how we figures races are run. Who cares who is faster in the race, or if they can ride, or if they have setup the quad better.

To them, if it appears you are faster in qualifying, then those who win, MUST be lucky... 14 and rapfam say that its the race that counts, but then they come right back with the whole, "but they looked faster on Saturday, so they sould have won!""..

Thats why its called a race. Not a fastest qualifyer.. You want to see whos faster, run them one at a time with a radar gun. That is proves who is faster, Winning the trophy means you are the fastest in the RACE..

RoostIng...

Old 01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
[Winning the trophy means you are the fastest in the RACE]

nope fastest doesnt mean crap quickest wins the race & trophy.

quit picking on the word "if" its not all that bad

Old 01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I would rather lose with a 100hp raptor than win with a 65hp raptor. Overall the 100 hp raptor will win more than it will ever lose. Maybe not always when it counts.... It is easier to figure out how to make the 100hp raptor hook up than it is to make the 65hp raptor try to hang with the 100hp rappy.

I won the 2002 mid west sand fest 670cc and up and i did not make as much HP as 3 or 4 others that i had to run. While i do have the throphy i realise i got lucky at there expense. Consistency pays off sometimes.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yea, for sure, having too much power is better than not enough, but not always. Like I said, I feel that Scooby was the front runner the first time on Saturday and then when I saw the hill as smooth as it was Sunday, it was his race to lose.. Which unfortunatly he did. Why, too much power:IE the wheelie off the line and the burnt clutch. Scooby is VERY fast, but Franks Raptor was more consistent, throughout the weekend and races.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

RoostKing...

Old 01-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

why is this topic still going? the guy won, plain out simple. what is so hard to comprehend about this?

Old 01-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: RoostKing14 and rapfam say that its the race that counts, but then they come right back with the whole, "but they looked faster on Saturday, so they sould have won!""..

RoostIng...
don't put words in my mouth, I did not see scooby run on Sat. I saw him run in the official races and his bike was fastest until the clutch went! was the first to the top clearly and ran off and left everyone. HE SHOULD NOT HAVE WON, but does deserve credit and that is all I was pointing out!!!

Old 01-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

..sorry for being late on this,and i just watched the video,but what was the sparks bike running??

Old 01-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

I'm pretty sure the sparks bike was a 690 on gas (light weight of course) Sparks flying's bike

Quick Reply: Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor