Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Top Speed Of My Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2000, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does if realy matter if the top speed is 75 or 78mph come on is that all you do is drag?

Old 09-17-2000, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, Banana Boy! What's the matter? Reality not looking so good now? Thanks for the preview. I'll probably hear the same lame song and dance from all of your brothers at Glamis! Hope they issued thick riding pants and kleenex to you boys 'cause I'm going to spank the crap out of every yellow turd that I can find! That's a promise.

P.S. Why don't you list for us the significant design changes between the 2000 and 2001 Bomb?

Old 09-17-2000, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

Exactly. You'll never see top speed when your slinging it between the trees!

Old 09-17-2000, 01:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, Banana Boy! Where did you go? Probably out replacing his chain rollers with in-line skate wheels! LOL

Old 09-17-2000, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

BansheeDill once agian shows how brillant he is. I think I would be "the man" if I took a hightly modified banshee that I have sunk every dime I have in and beat a bike that has been out less than a year.

Now back to the SUBJECT, BansheeDill forgot the topic of this post was about top speed and judging the accuracy of it, not his antique beating a stock/new quad. I dont remember saying anything about a quad with alot of time and money in it not being able to beat a DS. But then again he always is the one who changes the topics.

Old 09-17-2000, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

The trails around here basically consist of flat fields where top speed is hit alot. I took the DS down the strip twice to get an accurate idea of how fast my DS is and was stock. So now that I have done a few things to it, I can see exactly how much I have improved the bikes quickness and top speed which is important around here. My disagreement with the post up top was that because the car said 80mph doesnt mean the quad is doing 80mph. There is too much room for error, at the track will give an absoulute # for mph.

Old 09-17-2000, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Hey BansheeDill where ya at???? Probably out making a new air box out of his new Payless high tops shoe box.

Old 09-17-2000, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

The topic between us was REALITY! And I'm telling you now, boy, all of your fine distinctions and Clintonisms will be worthless when I spank your brothers at Glamis! By the way, where is the list of significant design changes that I asked for? You're into your second model year. Can't hide behind that crap about Banshee design changes. Bombardier has shown that it is no different than any other manufacturer. The only change so far is the price. Tell you what, name ANY production quad that has gone through SIGNIFICANT changes on a FREQUENT basis over it's lifetime and I will take pity on one of your brothers at Glamis!

Old 09-17-2000, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

See......What did I tell you?????

Old 09-18-2000, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Actually given that the car is cutting wind for the quad and thus removing wind resistance, it could easily achieve 3-5 mph more behind or close beside it. If you dont believe me try it, get behind a vehcile going at a good rate then gas it and try to pass, when you get out of their draft stream you lose speed quickly and will not pull by as easily as you think.

Quick Reply: Top Speed Of My Raptor