Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Snow Riding

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wolverine Snow Riding

You can get Isoheet at Costco or Walmart by the case which is the cheapest way to buy it. Any auto parts store will have it as well.

If you quad is bogging after landing a hard jump it could be that the slide is dropping down for a split second which is effectively the same as chopping your thottle. The Wolverine uses a vacuum style carb. This means when you hit the thottle, you are only opening up a butterfly valve, the actuall throttle slide is controlled by vacuum and it is then sucked upwards opening up the thottle. They use there carbs on street bikes because they smooth out the power. They kind of suck for quads but most non-performance machines come stock with them. They work really well at low speeds. I'd also drain your float bowl and see if any crud comes out.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has happened to my wolverine after i was doing donuts in the mud...i would just give it gas and if i opened it up in like second it would start back firing and come to a complete stop...me and my dad took the carb apart and cleaned, cleaned the air filter, then it was fine. Then one day is was riding and i started fish tailing and it started to back fire again. I had to ride hom for like 3 miles at like 5 miles an hour. It totaly sucked. It has happened to me alot but it hasn't recently so i am not sure what the problem was. On sunday i am going riding and hopefully it doesn't start having the same problem when i am miles away from my vehicle. WEll i am not sure what the problem was.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

I do alot of riding up here in northern Minnesota in mud and snow and I have never experienced this problem once. I hope I don't either. Is anything different in the 2003 model that would cause this?

Old 02-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

MNWOLVERINE, do those tires decrease your handleing? and can you spin the front tires easily in mud?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know this post is ancient, but I have started running into these symptoms with my 2002 Wolverine while winter riding.
The last time it happened, it was -17 degrees Celcius and I was deep snow riding, when my quad would not rev past half throttle and had very little power. The carb was covered in ice and even though I tried to melt the ice with my hands, I did not have enough heat to melt the snow inside the carb.
Will Iso HEET cure this problem and has anyone out there had success in making a cover to keep the snow dust away from the carb in the first place?
Thanks in advance for any help,

Tye