Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor/top heavy/owner&wannabes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor/top heavy/owner&wannabes...

Originally posted by: MasterRaptor
Originally posted by: Dunnycat
I think its the weight of the rider that is the factor, under 225lbs NO,over 225lbs YES
I concur. I know a couple larger guys that have trouble and even gotten hurt on the Raptor.

If you are over 225lbs , a ds650 would be a better choice.
You must have read his post wrong or dont know what the word concur means. I am 235 lbs and my raptor works awesome for me...I will agree that its easier for the bigger guys to push the raptor around.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: proraptor
I think its the weight of the rider that is the factor, under 225lbs NO,over 225lbs YES
I concur. I know a couple larger guys that have trouble and even gotten hurt on the Raptor.

You must have read his post wrong or dont know what the word concur means. I am 235 lbs and my raptor works awesome for me...I will agree that its easier for the bigger guys to push the raptor around.
agreed

260lbs here currently ,,,,and i can manhandle it whenever i need to...,,,,,,no need for a ds650 in the tight trails,,,,whoever said that

Old 02-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
Originally posted by: proraptor

agreed

260lbs here currently ,,,,and i can manhandle it whenever i need to...,,,,,,no need for a ds650 in the tight trails,,,,whoever said that

Awesome! I guess the people I am thinking of weren't the best riders. That's what must have been the difference. I guess I can eat as many cheese burgers as I want now and not have to worry about switching over to a 650. Cool!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Range Rover

What is really funny about these forums, there are topic's on how to make a DS more narrow and lighter more like the Raptor, And making the raptor wider and longer more like the DS.The point Im trying to make is that the ATV builders can not build the perfect quade for everyone.So lets just RIDE...P.S I ride a DS my self but I read the Yamaha forum because I just bought my son a raptor 350..

Old 02-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

new suspension will solve most of the bitching people have about a raptor

setting up the stock suspension right would probably also work for 50% of their owners

or just replace stock rear axle with a +4