Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTORS OTHER WEAK LINK?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2000, 03:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How come all these people saying " bent axle, etc"
are all Honda guys? The Honda forum is full of these fellas posts.

I have read ONE post of a fluke A-arm bend (bash). And thats about all the REAL evidence Ive seen or heard.

How come NONE of these guys were in here before release of the RAptor, making posts about being anxious, or delivery. There may be a few fluke happenings, but Im guessing some of this is pure BS. 2 of these guys BASHED the heck out of the Raptor only a month ago.....Now they own them????????? mmmmmmmmmmmm....Im wonderin !

Old 09-19-2000, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

That is what I was saying, where is the proof? If I bought *ANY* new vehicle and something broke on it right away I would have pictures to prove it. WHY? In case the dealer disputes my claim, or in case I need to start litigation to get the warranty matter resolved.

This is all BS! These guys didnt break nuttin!

Old 09-19-2000, 04:24 PM
Range Rover

Well it sounds like Yamaha skipped some important parts again. When are tehy going to learn that speed can only do so much. You still need to be able to have control of that speed and the Raptor just can handdle itself. I will admit that it is a faster bike stock but with poor handleing and suspention it just cant compare to hondas superiority. I would like to wish all of you Raptor owner luck when jumpin and trail ridin.

Old 09-19-2000, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think weibz hit that right on the head. The way they sound it's most likely one person doing the bashing. If the axle and rims are so bad, did the magazines haul them around the tracks on trailers when the tested them?

87 banshee

Old 09-19-2000, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

You guy's are not only killing me but you are all in that river in Egypt...DENIAL. Why in the heck would I be lying about my axle being bent. Because I am a Honda guy. I not a Honda guy or a Yamaha guy. I am a guy with a 400ex, and I have bent the axle on it also, and a Raptor. If you want proof...no you can't tell from a picture..(idiot) I'll give you the number to the Yamaha dealer that my Raptor is setting at right now. Hopefully they will cover it under warranty..and I am praying none of you guy's work for Yamaha...geeeezzzzusssssss. My offer still stands, if one of you non-believers will buy me a new axle I'll send you the bent one. Come on, put your money where your mouth is...come on.

Old 09-19-2000, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

The Raptor handles just as good if not better than the 400ex. Bending an axle can happen to anyone on anything.

Old 09-19-2000, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Why are all the guy's denying it Yamaha guy's????

Old 09-19-2000, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

I not trying to bash Yamaha, I am just pionting out the facts, they are all about the engine and forget about supention. I again have to give Yamaha props for there motors but I have to admit even with the Banch that they always seem to skip everything else!

Old 09-19-2000, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Im sure there are a few Yamaha linked people in here, Im sure they know whats going on, Im sure also that I personally have never bent an axle, but I have seen it done, sometimes they just bend,sometimes it takes a crash, but possibly you are a bit too ambitious in your riding, Also you probably know also that not all companies make 100% of their parts, sprockets, chain, axles, wheels, tires, bearings,handle bars, lighting, and scores of other parts are made outside of the corporation under contract, it is quite possible that one company builds all of the axles for Honda and Yamaha etc. It is also quite possible that they dont have the quality control measures in place that they should follow and in a rush to fulfill a new contract slipped through some bad axles. as for bending rims, no one is to blame but the rider, those are .160's made by either ITP, or Douglas. You can upgrade to .190 but they are not indestructable either. Dont be laying blame until we know who is to blame.

Old 09-20-2000, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

This is not about blame. This is about downtime. I certainly understand mass production and the dynamics involved. And I do not blame anyone for my problems but myself. I just want to know if Yamaha is going to replace my axle. If not fine, I just need to know so that I can order another one, be it stock or aftermarket. All things considered, I have not ragged my bike out yet. I am a little concerned about busting so really big jumps. I am trying to minimize my downtime. You can't just go pick an axle up. You have to order it and they have to ship it to you. This could take anywhere from 5 to 10 business days. I am planning on going to Mena, Arkansas the week after next and won't to at least get the axle ordered or whatever. With a handle like Yamaraptor I would assume you ride somewhat aggressive. And if you ride aggressive you will sooner are later break something. Which I noticed, from what you have said, you have not done yet.

Quick Reply: RAPTORS OTHER WEAK LINK?