Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Taught my wife how to cut doughnuts yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taught my wife how to cut doughnuts yesterday!

Just a little encouragement for husbands who are trying to get their wives into quads:

I took my wife to the Walker Valley trail head north of Seattle yesterday. She does not have much experience on quads. I decided it was time for her to learn how to have fun on a quad. First I demonstrated a few quick turns by sliding the rear of the bike around on the gas. Then I showed her a few doughnuts on a gravel road. I found a really wide spot in the road (just in case) and let her try. Man it was awesome to see her face once she figured it out. I then made her drive through some rough, off-camber trails. These were pretty scary for her, but after she successfully navigated them she gained even more confidence. Later I found a semi-steep hill that she could climb. I demonstrated the climb several times in both 2x4 and 4x4. It was muddy and a bit challenging so I put the bike in 4x4 for her (better safe than sorry). She shot right up it like a pro. We rode the log road out pretty fast, sliding the rear end out in the turns on the way back to the truck.

Finally I made her load the bike. My ramps are pretty short and I wanted her to gain confidence doing anything on the bike.

I have to say, yesterday was the most fun I've had with my wife on a quad. We have been riding several times before, but she just "rode" along and looked at the sites. She had driven a few times on the open road but didn't even feel comfortable turning the bike around before yesterday.

When I asked her what was the most fun part of the ride she said, "The doughnuts!"

Anyway,

Just thought I'd share.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]