Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster mods, how much hp increase ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster mods, how much hp increase ?

I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH HP INCREASE I CAN EXPECT WITH THE MODS IVE DONE SO FAR, ****FMF FATTY PIPE AND SILENCER****K&N FILTER WITH NO LID****CPW 28MM CARB****JET KIT****MOTO TASSINARI V-FORCE REEDS****VITO'S ADVANCE KEY****1/2" REED SPACER. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE STOCK HP IS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT WITH WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR TO THE ENGINE, ITS A 2004 WITH ONLY ABOUT 10 HOURS ON IT, I BOUGHT IT FOR MY GIRL FRIEND AND HAVE PUT WELL OVER $ 3000.00 INTO IT, LIKE +3" UP 1" A ARMS, WORKS SHOCKS WITH REZZIES ALL THE WAY AROUND, MAIER ONE PIECE HOOD WITH Z-400 STYLE, 2" ROX RISERS WITH POWERMADD HANDGUARDS, FLY ALUM BARS, + 4" EXTENDED SWINGARM, + 6" DURABLUE ELIMINATOR AXLE, RENTHAL GRIPS, RENTHAL ORING CHAIN, DG FATTY NERF BARS, FRONT AND REAR BUMPER, SS BRAKE LINES ALL THE WAY AROUND, 20X11X8 REAR TIRES, NEW WHEELS AND TIRES ARE NEXT, BUT IVE SPENT MORE ON THIS THAN MY NEW YZ450, SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ? ITS WINTER HERE IN ALASKA SO SHE WONT BE ABLE TO RIDE IT FOR A FEW MORE MONTHS BUT ALL THAT IVE DONE, THINK SHE WILL LIKE IT BETTER ? MAKE IT FEEL BIGGER ? OR DID I JUST WASTE MY MONEY ON AN OVERKILL ? IT REALLY LOOKS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN A STOCK ONE. ALSO LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS MORE COOL STUFF TO ADD, SHES A GIRL AND A BEGINNER SO IM NOT TRYING TO KILL HER WITH 250 R POWER SO IM NOT LOOKING INTO A 240 KIT JUST YET, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR EVERYBODYS OPPINION, THANKS FOR THE HELP !!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

wow man, thats a nice thing to do for ur gf... nice setup. idk how much hp that will give u.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: INDIANLARRY
I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH HP INCREASE I CAN EXPECT WITH THE MODS IVE DONE SO FAR, ****FMF FATTY PIPE AND SILENCER****K&N FILTER WITH NO LID****CPW 28MM CARB****JET KIT****MOTO TASSINARI V-FORCE REEDS****VITO'S ADVANCE KEY****1/2" REED SPACER. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE STOCK HP IS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT WITH WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR TO THE ENGINE, ITS A 2004 WITH ONLY ABOUT 10 HOURS ON IT, I BOUGHT IT FOR MY GIRL FRIEND AND HAVE PUT WELL OVER $ 3000.00 INTO IT, LIKE +3" UP 1" A ARMS, WORKS SHOCKS WITH REZZIES ALL THE WAY AROUND, MAIER ONE PIECE HOOD WITH Z-400 STYLE, 2" ROX RISERS WITH POWERMADD HANDGUARDS, FLY ALUM BARS, + 4" EXTENDED SWINGARM, + 6" DURABLUE ELIMINATOR AXLE, RENTHAL GRIPS, RENTHAL ORING CHAIN, DG FATTY NERF BARS, FRONT AND REAR BUMPER, SS BRAKE LINES ALL THE WAY AROUND, 20X11X8 REAR TIRES, NEW WHEELS AND TIRES ARE NEXT, BUT IVE SPENT MORE ON THIS THAN MY NEW YZ450, SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ? ITS WINTER HERE IN ALASKA SO SHE WONT BE ABLE TO RIDE IT FOR A FEW MORE MONTHS BUT ALL THAT IVE DONE, THINK SHE WILL LIKE IT BETTER ? MAKE IT FEEL BIGGER ? OR DID I JUST WASTE MY MONEY ON AN OVERKILL ? IT REALLY LOOKS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN A STOCK ONE. ALSO LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS MORE COOL STUFF TO ADD, SHES A GIRL AND A BEGINNER SO IM NOT TRYING TO KILL HER WITH 250 R POWER SO IM NOT LOOKING INTO A 240 KIT JUST YET, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR EVERYBODYS OPPINION, THANKS FOR THE HELP !!
21 hp at the wheel at the most...If you want more power get porting (HWD is a great choice)

Old 02-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

WHOA! i think someone accidently hit CAPS LOCK...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol! get some pictures of that blaster up! i want to see it. sounds nice. what does your g/f like and not like about the blaster and why did you mod it so much if she is just a beginner. im just curious.

banshee392- i think you have a little obsession with HWD, am i wrong? lol

Old 02-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

21 hp, that would be pretty nice, well actually sept 14th i broke both my legs and ankles jumping my yz450f, and i had to take 6 months off work so i have too much time on my hands, she wanted a bigger feeling 4 wheeler after she rode my friends yfz450, so i was thinking about buying her a new raptor 350 but i already owned the 04 blaster so i bought this, then that and since i bought this, now i need that, kinda thing so i ended spending a lot on it, i have not finished everything yet, i need new bearings for the +4 swingarm cause i cant seem to get the stock ones out and i decided to powdercoat the axle carrier the same color as the swingarm so i need to get those bearings out too, then i can rap up this project. but i have some pics of the front end and thats all done so ill post then if i know how. im also gonna buy a 2005 yzf 450 this summer so should be fun, if she does not like her new blaster she can ride my yfz 450 and ill just ride my bike, shes not very aggressive riding so most of this stuff like the works shocks are a overkill probably but she works at HOOTERS in anchorage here and makes enough money to help out with the mods while im not working, lucky guy huh ?