Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blackwater XT's - very disappointed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new 2001 Grizzly about three weeks ago and got some 27" XT's installed as from all my research I found out they were supposed to be very rugged and good in the mud as well. Well nobody told me that ITP has no quality control standards at the factory. I've already replaced four tires, two front and two rear, due to defects. The two front tires were out of round causing the bike to vibrate excessively over 40 mph. I got those replaced and then one of the rear tires wouldn't hold air so I took it in and there were bubbles on the inside causing the tire to leak. Went out after that and the rear tire that was replaced was also way out of round causing the bike to vibrate again. Got that one replaced and it's off to the races. About time. I had my brand new bike parked for 8 days waiting for the tires to come in which needless to say doesn't make a man real happy. I don't know if this is a common problem with these tires but I can guarantee you that they're the last set of ITP tires that'll ever be on my bike. ITP tires SUCK!

Old 09-19-2000, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. I was considering some blackwaters not the XT for my Rancher!

Old 09-19-2000, 02:04 PM
Range Rover

Maybe its just problems with the XT's. I have the Blackwaters,(not XT's) on my Warrior and like them very much. They weigh more and grab better so I had to drop one tooth on the front sprocket for the Warrior to have enough power to spin them there tires.

Old 09-19-2000, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

i also run blackwaters on my atc 250sx and i gota tell ya ive never been more impressed in a single other improvement then when i got the b/w for this bike. now dont get me wrong its no 4 wheel drive by any stretch but ive been able to go places where 2 wheel drives have not. now i did have a leak in each tire when i got them, But that was due to the fact the place i bought the tires they had not seated the tires to the wheel fully. and i also have put on about 500 miles on them since with NO probs yet, maybe your probs have come with the xt's, i dont know, but i got a king quad coming very soon and im already doin my shoppin for the best prices of blackwaters for this bike also, BTW: blackwater, wv is a very beautiful place to visit