Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I trade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I trade?

Get the rappy,I hammer mine pretty hard and the tranny is fine.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Should I trade?

we have 2 01's in the family and an 02. no tranny problems at all. if you can get a straight trade. youre doin good!
usually a dealer will want a little cash just to hammer you....if they want trade plus cash, you want raptor plus dealer warranty for 30-90 days...screw em. esp if its been sitting there.
they wont wanna trade one showroom stone for another tho.. so make yours real purty.. and dont push talkin about mods either.
good luck!!!! I hope you join the rappy clan! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

The salesman that sold me the quad has taken real good care of me, i guess you could say we are friends. We'll see what happens...even my dad thinks its a good trade, he doesn't normally go for stuff like that, dealing and such. I'm not going to worry about the tranny too much, if it rides fine i will trade. I have no problem with giving about 500 or so on the trade.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should I trade?

I'd be interested in hearing what their offer is. Just knowing what these two unit are worth tells me that they will probably not trade for less than $1,500 difference.....possibly even more. This wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just trying to prepare you for reality.

Buck

Old 02-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

Yeah we'll see, i know they have a hard time selling used quads at that dealer, there might be too dang many ppl with too dang much money around here. As a matter of fact i think they only have 4 used quads there, 3 of which are older utility quads.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

I have noticed that people that dont have 01's say that they are bad and the ones that do, like myself, think they are fine. I like the others on this post have had no problems with my tranny (knock on wood) and no problems with my one way starter bearing which is another common complaint I hear from others... we ride pretty hard here so I wouldnt worry too much just take care of your machinery. I bought mine 2 years for 4200... it didnt even have the paint wore off the frame where your foot goes. Great shape. So I dont know much about Blasters but I think a modded bike shouldnt need much monitary value added on to it to make an even up trade.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Should I trade?

A stock bike will bring more in trade than one with a lot of add ons. This is a well known fact.

Buck

Old 02-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

I think i have decided that unless the dealer gives me one heck of a deal, I will probably just stay with the blaster. Not that i wouldn't like the raptor, but i have put too much time into the bike in the last couple months to get rid of it now. Plus I don't have that much riding experience. I think i will just hold off for a while until i can buy a new raptor or a yfz.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Range Rover
Default Should I trade?

Originally posted by: buck183
I'd be interested in hearing what their offer is. Just knowing what these two unit are worth tells me that they will probably not trade for less than $1,500 difference.....possibly even more. This wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just trying to prepare you for reality.

Buck
I agree with this guy's $$$ numbers. The problem with your Blaster up-grades is the dealer may not want to pay for them. Although they have value to you, when the dealer tries to sell it, it could send a signal that with those up-grades it was beat on. But you said your's looks good so that could help you.

And believe me, a salesman is NEVER your friend, I don't care what you buy.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Should I trade?

Originally posted by: DRoCk
I know, i realized that half way into my post...lol Anyway its just a waiting game now, the dealer is closed sunday and monday so i hope to get a call on tues. If not, I'm calling them or even stoppin in. Now thats its getting warmer around here it could actually sell.
is it just me or is alot of yamaha dealers closed sunday and monday? wouldnt u think theyed be open monday to when people brake stuff over the weekend they can bring it in the next day? or is it just me?

Quick Reply: Should I trade?