Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I trade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I trade?

Our Yamaha dealer is closed on Sunday, open Monday, but they close early on Saturday. As for the Honda dealers around here, they close on Sun and Mondays, due to "ride days". I agree with the numbers also. I have bought around 6 or 7 bikes, 4 wheelers, and dirtbikes altogether from my Yamaha dealer. I wanted to trade my blaster in, so I took it up there and see if he could trade for a Raptor and what the difference I would have to pay. It was crazy, I cant remember, but close to $4300. It was a brand new Raptor. Instead of just kept my blaster, and bought the Raptor also. I then sold the Blaster to a buddy, paid of the bank note. Except to pay around $2000. He was only going to give me $1400 for my blaster and it was an '03. Completely stock, bought it less then 8 weeks earlier. I have heard many people say the 01's had problems with the trannys, but I have heard the same number of people love them. You can always just replace the tranny from a wrecked one off of ebay for fairly cheap. Good luck eithier way.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Range Rover
Default Should I trade?

That post above is a good example of why you need to spell check and proof read before you post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

I think it will be interesting to see what they say. The raptor is cosmetically pretty rough, the plastics are way faded, some scuff marks in a lot of places, and the original tires are wasted (rears at least). I am fairly certain that this quad wouldn't go for 4,000 in a private sale, its just too rough looking, and too many ppl are afraid of the 01's.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

Just an update...I was way off on what they wanted for the raptor, they only want 3200. Thats a big difference in price, puts it a lot closer to what i could pull off. I'm taking my blaster into the dealer on saturday, we'll see what happens. If its within 500 to 1000 $$ to trade, i will do it. I guess i was right about there being too much money around here, they have sold 9 or 10 new raptors since they got this one in.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Should I trade?

Originally posted by: DRoCk
I think i have decided that unless the dealer gives me one heck of a deal, I will probably just stay with the blaster. Not that i wouldn't like the raptor, but i have put too much time into the bike in the last couple months to get rid of it now. Plus I don't have that much riding experience. I think i will just hold off for a while until i can buy a new raptor or a yfz.
i think that might be a good idea. you may miss your blaster. would you be modding the raptor much if you got it. if you are worried about the tranny then you can always switch them out for a newer one. sound like a pretty good deal but they can always find a way to get more money out of you. saving for a new yfz or raptor might be in your best interest.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should I trade?

The raptor is cosmetically pretty rough, the plastics are way faded, some scuff marks in a lot of places, and the original tires are wasted (rears at least). its just too rough looking,

This sounds like a description of a bike that has been beat up.

Look for cracks in the frame.What do the chain and sprockets look like?Do they look worn?How about rear wheel bearings, roll it, what do they sound like.Just some easy things to check to get an idea on how it was maintained
Make sure you check it out good before making your decision.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

I rode it today, it is mechanically in great shape, and the rear tires aren't as bad as i had thought...It just sat outside a lot, both at the dealer and when the original owner had it. I also got to ride a brand new Vforce...its cool too, but i like the manual tranny. The raptor even started right up, which i was a little suprised about since its only like 15 outside. I really don't know what to do, I don't want to spend money on the trade, plus lose all the money i already have in my blaster. The main problem is that to even figure out how much i will get, the dealer has to see it. My blaster is at my parents house, which is almost 3 hours away.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

Well i did it, 1700 on top of the blaster, got to keep my itp wheels and tires.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should I trade?

ur sellin it for that much????

Old 02-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Should I trade?

No, thats how much i had to spend on the raptor. I got 1,650 out of the blaster the 1700 is just what it cost me to make up the difference.

Quick Reply: Should I trade?