Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Girlfriend asked the funniest question last night...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girlfriend asked the funniest question last night...

"If I bought a 4 wheeler, could I ride with you and your friends? It would be something fun for the both of us to do." I died laughing. Do you guys take your girlfriends riding with you? I ride with my buddies to get away from my girlfriend, and I didn't want to sound mean, but I told her that was my alone time, and fun time with my buddies. I thougt about it over night, and we both work at the same job, and the same hours, so I would always have someone to ride with. I asked her this morning which type of 4 wheeler you would like, I asked her about a Honda Recon, and she was like no, I want some fun and fast. Anyways..to my question...what would be a good sport quad for her? This would be her first quad. There is no way in hell she is getting a new one, since she has wrecked everything she has owned. I was thinking about a 3-4 year old Warrior. She is about 5'10", 150lbs (she is going to kill me). She has the common sense to understand how a clutch works, and how to operate one. I just don't want to put her on something that is going to hurt or scare her. Any input on this, especially from the girls, what type of quads do you ride? Thanks
John

Old 02-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

no way man! i just bought my raptor and im keeping my warrior for my girlfriend to ride. i figure a few years down the road that may be the only way im allowed to go riding or buy a new quad. granted i agree with you, i dont want to ride 20 mph all the time so sometimes im not going to ride with her, but its still gonna be cool to ride together. you may want to reconsider, shes not going to be riding all the time.

Plus find a nice remote area and take advantage of her, theres nothing hotter than a chick riding quads. take her on a trail ride, stop ina remote area, say a couple nice things, kiss the neck, and then sit her on the seat and let er have it!

Old 02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

a warrior would be good, just put a 12 tooth front sprocket on it and theres no way she coulod go fast enough to do damage, plus its alot easier on the clutch this way.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I let my girlfriend ride, but when I go on a trip it is just me and the guys. I might take her on a quad trip sometime this year just me and her tho. She's really into riding and racing like me so we get along pretty well.

As for what to get, it really depends on if she can ride or not. Luckily my GF is pretty good and has a good feel for there limits. So she normally rides my 440ex and handles that fine. But she also can ride a raptor, banshee, and my Z fine to.

If your going to get a sport quad used for her, and since she is a beginner, I would go with a 300ex. A couple girls I run around with can handle them and there absolutely bullit proof. Plus a 300ex is something the guys can have a lot of fun on too!

Old 02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the input. She has ridden a few utility quads, but never a sport quad. I think Thursday I am going to take her out, and get her used to the clutch on my Raptor with me on the back of it. If she gets alright with that, I will unload my CR, and I will take her out on some trails. I think the 300ex would be great for her too, but I like the warrior, plus its a Yami. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks
John

Old 02-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

I bought mine a Z400 and I NEVER go riding anywhere without her...She is my best friend in the whole world.The warrior is good but so is the 400ex.JMO....good luck.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Range Rover

A guy I ride with has a 400ex, and I think that might be too much for her right now. I am going to get her an older quad, so if she doesn't like it I can always sell it without a huge loss. I can always upgrade later on when she gets the fundamentals down.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A 1999 or 2000 400ex would be good...those don't run too much on cost, and their are plenty of parts for them if she wants to speed it up some.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ItalianStallion
I bought mine a Z400 and I NEVER go riding anywhere without her...She is my best friend in the whole world.The warrior is good but so is the 400ex.JMO....good luck.
Ditto, my wife always goes with me. She can ride very good and has nicer bikes than I do. I always take care of her wants and needs first.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

i take my gf riding sometimes and she loves it. ill let her drive every once and a while. she handles my blaster prtty good and is good with the clutch. id say get her a warrior cause its a good bike that wont tip ez and its got some power. my mom will go riding wiht me my dad and our friends sometimes adn when she does my dad rides the 250r and my mom will take the warrior. a 300 ex might not be bad eaither. it took my gf a lil while to get teh clutch thing down but now that she can do it right she loves riding. it makes her happy that i brought her so when i get home she pays me back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. its worth bringin her imo. a warrior would be better than a 400 cause its got revers. idk if shed like getting of it and havin to pull it back if she gets into somethin she cant get out of goin forward. id say a warrior would be good and u could run the governer screw in for her untill she gets the hang of it so she dont hurt herself. i should have done that with my gf. she wanted to ride our act250r and the govern screw is all the way out and she didnt understand how much faster it was than my blaster, and when she hit the powerband in 3rd gear the front wheel came up off the ground and it scared the cr@p out of her.

Quick Reply: Girlfriend asked the funniest question last night...