Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 727 Big Bore for Raptor 660?'s

700 bucks boondockers and you can run with the boys

Old 02-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craycraft sells the kit for like $1600 including labor, ask stallion on the shipping. you go too HOT and your going to need a new rod, add $300. nitrous kits work excellent, im just not a fan of them.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

GO to www.14mins.com he seems to be the man for building raptors there's lots of guy's on here with raptor's built by him his name is BOB CRAYCRAFT I personally know nothing about him but ive been on the forms for a little whille now and have heard nothing but good things about him. But anyways just give the 660 guys on here a few days im sure they will give you all the info you need and by the way welcome to the forms.
HAHAHAHA Thats a good one, 14mins being the man to build Raptors.. Craycraft didnt even place at #3 or #4(not a slam, simple statement of fact that NO ONE can argue). Dont base your build on this internet chatter since this forum it is stacked with Crayracft owners.... (Heck, it looks to me like one guy recommended Craycraft and the Craycraft contingenncy jumped in to pull for there guy)

Go with a proven winner. Kenz Cycle Tech, Sparks, GP racing. There are many choices.

Roostking...

Old 02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

i could of swarn the sight was www.14mins.com when i type it in, it says "We can't find "www.14mins.com""

Old 02-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

hey roostking, save the "builders" talk for another website. half of the guys on here have no idea what you talking about. but every one on this sites needs to know that he is RIGHT, i dont support any builder, nor do i have favorites

i personally would choose a sparks over any other builder, but im not going to wait a year and half for my motor back. F that. Kenz cycle in phoenix, az. provened them self this year by tieing with sparks. i recommend Kenz also. as far as the GP Racing, very nice bike, im not popular on stroking either, but their is a reason why he WON this year.

this guy isnt looking for a builder, he wants to do it himself(but you allready knew that)

seriously save the "builders" speech for the fanatics, its not worth your time, nor my...too many question swill follow.

i knew this topic was going to get heated up real fast.

well everyone im off to gordons well/ buttercup, if you see me and my Liger raptor, feel free to stop and say hi.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What do you mean save the builders talk??? It appears that he is looking for someone to do some work for him, whether its a full blown motor, or just some head porting and whatever.. Just trying to let the guy know that there are more choices than simply CrayCaft, since that is all he sees on this site..

Whats wrong with that?
As far as my reply above. I meant to say that 14mins is NOT a builder of anything. It is Bob Craycraft who does the work.. I just thought it was funny that someone said "14mins is the man for Raptors" Again, just setting the guy straight.

RoostKing..

Old 02-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

I get tired of reading builder bashing reguarless of who posts it or wich builder its about. Most people like myself dont care much about f s w. f s w is not a sanctioned, timed, no true starting line or lights race up a sand hill. Although it does look like hella fun.
Anyway, my opinion is that we read and about builders like Craycraft,Kenz,Sparks,and now Barker,because they are doing something RIGHT! There would be no repeat customers or support if they were not.I commend anyone who builds thier own stuff.Trial and error can get expensive though.

That being said atleast have your head work done by someone that has a GOOD REPUTATION and buy some parts(correct or possibly better) through them so you can get thier technical support.

Old 02-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ItalianStallion
Pretty much the only thing that Bob is going to do that you cant buy off the shelf is the head porting. Otherwise its all the same parts, so as long as the head is ported well it will be fine.
Thats about 80% true...I'm afraid it's a little more involved than that. There are special little add ons that make the difference between a home made job and a professionally built job...Trade secrets if you will....[/quote]
I dont want to take anything away from bob, he has been doing a great job. I know and agree that there are some other things that builders can do that others may not know about, that's why I said "Pretty much" instead of just "the only". But if he wants to build his own then the only thing that he would really need to contract out is the headwork.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont think anybody is bashing anybody??? Just letting him know that there are more options out there, and to dispel the rumor that 14mins builds anything.

You guyz can be so sensitive sometimes.

RoostKing...

Old 02-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

I didn.t mention Bob...I don't care who builds it for him....I am just saying that a self built will not run the same as a pro built..not as long and not as well.

Quick Reply: 727 Big Bore for Raptor 660?'s