Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

can u put a banshee engine in a warrior frame?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can u put a banshee engine in a warrior frame?

can it be done and how much fabricating would be needed

Old 02-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

The bikes seem roughly the same size, but you'll probably need to make some frame mods to accommodate the twin exhausts, and some airbox mods for the twin carbs ... other than that I see no reason it can't be done .. heck .. XR650Warrior has an XR650 power plant in his beast!!

Old 02-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

hardest thing i can think of is mounting a radiator.

Old 02-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

I've gotta ask...Why?
What possiable bennifit does the warrior frame have to offer? Thats like putting a Lambogini motor in a k-car, it just dosn't make sence. I don't know if I would want that much power in a Warrior, it would be one ruff ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Range Rover

because i can do that cheaper then buying a banshee

Old 02-21-2005, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Why do it? Because it can be done. Why mod the hell out of a blaster eh Shav0 ?? C'mon now, you of all people should have known better than to ask that question with all the ridicule Blaster owners get for trying to improve on their quads. I don't think it would that rough of a ride either .. my Warrior rides really smooth .. it lands hard, but trailing on it is great.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider

Im just saying out of all the chassis to pick from why a warrior. It would mount easier, and be a cleaner looking bike in a 400ex frame or somthing.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: IDLE
because i can do that cheaper then buying a banshee
I find that hard to believe, older banshees are dirt cheap nowadays, even with running engines.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
Im just saying out of all the chassis to pick from why a warrior. It would mount easier, and be a cleaner looking bike in a 400ex frame or somthing.
I would say it's because he already has a Warrior frame .. if he doesn't then yah .. it would not make sense to do it .. unless he's a diehard warrior styling fan ( we do exist .. I love the look of the Warrior and Banshee ) ...

You get your motor working yet?? Or is it still in delivery? Should be a cracker when it's completed!

Old 02-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

For mine, the motor had to be raised up a good bit for the chain to lign up, and the pipes were aimed straight at the frame rails.Custom pipes and the offset of the motor in the frame handled that problem (motor sits a bit to one side on the frame to make chain lign up. It actually didnt take very long to put my motor in but we had a whole frame section from the old bike to work with, and it probably helps that my dad is a professional welder. Only other major problems I had was the heads hitting the gas tank, but a banshee is water cooled so clearance wont be as much of a problem there, though you will have to work with the radiator stuff and mount all the computer hardware. I see the elevation as being your biggest problem.

*Note* my motor is the grand daddy of the banshee and very similar. Im pretty sure the cases are VERY similar, im not sure on drive sprocket location and such, they can exhange transmissions though so im guessing its close.

You can get a look here to give you some ideas on how hard it will be.
Picture 1
Takes quite a bit of welding and fabrication.

Quick Reply: can u put a banshee engine in a warrior frame?