Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone take an ATV safety course???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone take an ATV safety course???

Well ok I got pulled over once by the DNR and they said that I need a safety course since I was born after 1-1-88 and that the new law in Wisconsin. And this weekend I was driving around on the lake and went out to check out the snowmobile radio runs and racing, and then after that I went home ate, and went out again. Started jumping around on some of the ice lips and next thing you know its some guy on a snowmobile, turns out to be the warden and he starts talking to me and then asks about the safety course. I said no, and he takes off his helmet to start taking down my info.. Then I realize that it was the same guy that caught me before. Oh man that was fun. But ya anyone ever take a safety course? I am scheduled for next weekend for like 8 hours of all that stuff..

MIke.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

nope never have just jumped on and been ripping ever since but i'm a trail by error guy and sometimes thats leaves a few war scars to talk about.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jaggers2e42
nope never have just jumped on and been ripping ever since but i'm a trail by error guy and sometimes thats leaves a few war scars to talk about.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
amen to that

Old 02-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

they offered the safety course when i bought my quad but i said no i never get asked about a safety course when i get stopped for riding i just get yelled at and told im gonna get fined

Old 02-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

iv neva got caught period

but we r extra carefull when where not riding we turn off the quads lik even if were waiting to go around the mx track we turn them off
and we always have sumone lookin out for them and everyone always has ears open one time we were at a lil naturaly made track and cops came flying thru the trees in the cars followed by 5 cops on atv's it was lik in 2fast2furious where all the cars go everywhere dats how it was w/ about 20 of my friends and it was still one of my first times out w/ them i practically got lost i just bolted w/ a flat tires i was riding on the rim over rocks it was crazy i got lost and hadda have them come pick me up

Old 02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

yea, i took that ATV safety course when i got my 05 YFZ, not that i needed it but i figured what the heck its free... Basically they just went on and on about how you shouldnt go up steep inclines at high speed (comp hill came to mind), no jumps (mx came to mind), and no excessive speeds( XC desert racing anyone??), then they just told us how to shift and use the clutch, it was for noobs... kinda fun tho, I made the instructor freek out when i bicycled my YFZ... great times, id recomend it especially if you wanna have some fun with the instructors...

Old 02-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

I want to do one of these courses, not to learn anything but my dealer will give me like 400 in merchandise if I do it.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Ya your lucky, I have to take one because the next time the DNR stops me, oh man I can't even imagine.. Especially if it was the same guy haha.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider

It really is a good deal for beginners. I took one last year. I did it for a 100 dollar yamaha rebate.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I also did it because I use my bike at work and they require safety training. I have been riding almost 20 years but I still had a good time in the class. It was interesting meeting some of the people who were taking the course. I recommend taking a class to anyone with limited experience on ATVs (if you intend to ride)