Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee plus and minuses

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee plus and minuses

as some of u may no im in the process of finding a new quad soo iv spent countless hrs search this up alrdy but i want updated info and info from ppl who didnt respond to the others

soo my question is what r the pluses and minuses of the banshee im really lik the all black look on the 04 LE edition and i think thats wat im gonna get so fill me in on some info thanks

Old 02-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

There are many pros and cons for this bike. First off, Major decision-2 stroke-or 4 stroke. I went with 4 stroke becasue of gas mixing and less gas usage then a two stroke. Banshees are screamers for sure. But there two strokes and you have to deal with vibrations, mixing (in the banshee), it requires more maintenence then a 4 stroke, banshees are outdated in my opinion too. The only thing they've changed is J-Arms to A-Arms back in the early 90's or it mighta been the late 80's, and the color of the plastic. I personally had to decide between any ATV on the market 1 and a half years ago, and it was between the Banshee and the Raptor. I rode both, (my dad used to own a tricked banshee) and then i rode the raptor. My mind was made up right away, so much tourqe and power all over, smoother power delivery, much less shifting, and just a cooler look in my opinion. But the upside to the banshee is that there are many more aftermarket parts for it and you can make it fly, best for dunes though (and drags). I don't think the banshee is a good trail quad, which is what i ride mostly. My thoughts on this matter is that the banshee is outdated and da rapta is in da house, my chose would be the raptor becasue of my riding style and my personal preferences. If you love dune riding and have money to spare, the banshee can be tricked and made really nice becasue there are a lot of parts out for it.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

I got an 04 shee (blue). I have done a bunch of things to it. I can tell you it is a blast to drive, But not at slow speeds, What I mean is it's a 2 stroke and it wants to go all the time. I may get a 05 z400 for trails also. I can't see myself selling the shee do to the RUSH, But keep in mind you need some open area to ride the beast. Good luck in your decision.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i no about mixing gas and that its more maintenence and i should have explained that everything i ride is basically ride open we wide railroad tracks(stright) then we have mini dunes all wide open and pretty much all wide open

Old 02-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Id say pluses are that it has a nice power kick to it,even if it is a bit irregular.And minuses that is fouls plugs if you go to slow for to long on it.
I though you were getting a second hand one with mods... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

i was thinking About it but w/ it being a 2-stroke and not knowing about the truth about when it was rebuilt last and how it was treated so i decided to start for sratch im getting a job the day after my 15th birthday and last year i made 1200 just cutting my lawn my gramas lawn and my birthday and for my b-day i got $300 so thats $900 in lawns $20 a cut

Old 02-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

The chain adjustment sucks for sure. It's Prehistoric for cripes sake.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

i have a warrior what could b worse then a warrior when it comes to the chain

Old 02-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

plus, its a 2 stoke, minus its a 2 stroke. lol

Old 02-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

lol yeah i dont mind it being a 2-stroke im just gonna keep stock bore and stock compression and all that other good stuff so i dont havfta spend 200 on lik 1 piston and i dotn think ima havfta replace the bottom end for lik 4or 5 years cuz i take good care of my quads when i got my warrior ir was full of rudt i spent about 200 on rust remover and paint so just make it look good haha i change the oil every 5-10 rides depending on how long i rode and i always kept the filters clean

Quick Reply: banshee plus and minuses