Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does anyone have experience with raptor g-force products?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have experience with raptor g-force wheel spacers?

I just got mine, and I'm going to put them maybe sunday, I was just looking at them, and I slipped one on one side to see how they fit, they slip on fine, I bolted the spacer to the hub, and then put the wheel on, as I was trying to torq the lugnuts on, they just kept tightening, as if maybe the bolt was turning with the nut, I couldn't see for sure because of that black plastic guard... I don't know if this is making any sense, if there is anyone that is familiar with these, let me know...

Thanks

Old 02-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Does anyone have experience with raptor g-force wheel spacers?

How about the G-Force extended axle for the raptor? I just put mine on, it went on pretty smoothly, but I'm afraid of when I have to take it off to replace bearings, the C-Clips were kinda hard to put on, and I can't imagine having to take them off...

Old 02-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Does anyone have experience with raptor g-force products?

Well since nobody seems to know anything about these products, let me help out anyone who might be thinking of getting them. The g-force axle actually went on pretty smoothly, I don't like how you have to take the c-clip off when you need to take the axle off, it is really hard to get to. Also, after everything was all tightened up, there was some play, I think that the splines on the new axle aren't exact with the ones in the brake hub. The front wheel spacers... where do I begin? The bolts that are in them turn with the nut as you tighten it, and there is no way to hold the other side because the front brake rotor is in the way... Something is definately wrong with those. As far as the axle goes, maybe I'm missing something or I got the wrong one, heck I don't know. The directions that came with the axle were very lame. The spacers for the front wheels didn't even come with directions. Dirt Wheels did a review on these products, and they totally led me to believe that these were better products. I guess it could be a bad axle and bad spacers, but I think I'm sending them back.

Hope this helps any future buyers.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Wow thats terrible you guys are having such trouble with the g-force. Let me tell you what i know, i have the g-froce axle, and it went on pretty smoothly(it was harder to my stock one off) i'm happy with the quailty, if your looking for superior quality then why didnt you pick an Axcalibur, or a rpm. I mean come on you paid $200 for an axle when everyone else is charging $400 +. I very happy with the quality of mine and the splines are not sloppy or anything, keep in mine though i do have a afermarket swingarm, and carrier, i hoping all you guys are talking about the g-froce mated to your stock setup. I'm yet to bad mouth G-force, jsut cuz its a Rocky Mountaing ATV product, i'll let you know how it stand up to the punishment of racing.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Don't get me wrong, I love rocky mountain, but there just seems like there shouldn't be play between the brake hub and the axle. To me it just seems like it would wear and you'd be out of luck... And yes it is on a stock swing arm.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I was looking into those axles also. Let us know in a little while how them seem to be holding up.--Rider1169

Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Well I would but I shipped it back to Rocky Mountain, I'm upgrading to a durablue eliminator 2+2. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

isnt there a bad word out on durablues?

Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

everyone is gonna have their eye out on rockymountains scratch and dent section on their web page lookin for that

Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

What's the bad word out on durablue axles?

Quick Reply: Does anyone have experience with raptor g-force products?