Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Owners, dont worry

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2000, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found this, it appears to be the reason only honda riders mention the A arms, etc. Not The DS riders becuase some of them have the same problems.
from the ds forum.
DS
Kokomo, IN, US
Date Posted: Jul 05, 2000 12:32 PM
Has any one out there in DS land had any trouble with bending there upper a-arms when riding on any tracks? I have a friend who has gone through two sets and has since then sold his DS. After seeing this problem first hand I opted to buy some aftermarket uppers from team Alba.I havent had a chance to try them out yet. Just wondering if any one else has had this problem.

I also have seen them bend the stock lower A Arms on a MX track.

well i guess Sometimes It happens, but I think Bash's was a total Fluke. This should calm things a bit.

Old 09-22-2000, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I want to see a raptor get air like this and the rider not feel like he is commiting suicide doing it on a raptor. In one word...worry!

www.cochisemotorsports.com/ds650/flying.jpg

Old 09-22-2000, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

What are you talking about?!?! I used to get air like that on my Banshee, down at a nearby sand pit. Huge pile of sand (for Minnesota) flat top. We'd clear the top and land half way down on the other side! And I garuntee that my Raptor has better suspension than my Banshee did!

Old 09-22-2000, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

Who's worried, i'm not! Before I hurt my back I was hitting 35 ft tabletops with no problem with the Raptor. On one jump I had to bail the Raptor took a bad hit but is totally fine except a bent grabbar. My back is messed up for now but I'll be back soon. If anybody can break a quad it's me. And so far the Raptor's holding up great. Too bad I'm not.

Old 09-22-2000, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

I seriously doubt that many sport ATV's would have trouble with that kind of air. That appears to only be about 3 feet of vertical.

I can only assume that the DS bends control arms because of it's weight and the lengh of the arms for it's wide stance.

Anyway be careful out there and enjoy your new rides.

Old 09-22-2000, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

man thats nothing, I will have a Raptor photo that
smokes that one, once I get mine out to Glamis!

Old 09-23-2000, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Man thats Adobe Photoshop there, theres no movement of sand on the ground or from the the tires. Cut and Paste is all it is. If I get bored Ill paste my Raptor into the same picture.

Old 09-23-2000, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with 86atc here I think about any sport quad could handle that.....Geez I watched the sport quads during a MX track a really good rider on a bone stock Warrior was doing more impressive stuff than that. From what i've heard of the Raptor (better suspension) i'd say no problem. Sorry I didnt want to step on anyone's toes or anything I just thought the pic was of BIG air or something? Hey take her easy......if she easy enough take her again!

If speed kills im a dead man!

Old 09-23-2000, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

I also hope any ATV can handle that.
I don't know (and care) if it's a photoshop pic or for real, but it's really beautiful.

Old 09-25-2000, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Looks real enough to me. I take lots of pictures of jumping on the dunes. Your roost is behind you, not always in the air. But I agree with the comment that any sort quad can do that. Ask my old Blaster

Quick Reply: Raptor Owners, dont worry