Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Frames

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2000, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what frmae should i get for a banshee, money is an issue. Would a stock frame with a-arms,shocks swingarms and axle be enough for mx, or wouldi have to get a new frame after the season next year, i bent my stock one jumpoing but i really messed up on take off and and i sitting here witha broken collar bone in five spots and a bruised ego. I MISS MY BANSHEE. any reply will help thanks

Old 09-22-2000, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

Can anyone help me? thanks

Old 09-22-2000, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

Anybody, ????//

Old 09-22-2000, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

You even went over to the Honda forum for some browny points?

Well...here it is. You have not mentioned how much you want to spend...an aftermarket frame will cost you a bundle...well over a grand...at least.....My stock frame is a 96 and has not bent yet....I regularly air it out too!

You say you are on a budget....looks like you answered your own question....all the aftermarket frames are going to put you back a big buck. The stock is the cheapest. Good aftermarket suspension components could help your frame last even longer. I just did the suspension thing.
Front/rear works with lonestar swing arm/durablue. roll design A-arms...

those things alone are at least 3 grand.... So what do you mean by limited budget?

Old 09-22-2000, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

Well what i mean is i am doing this all over like 8 months so i wasnt sure, my friends gonna sell me his banshee frame that is great condition for 500 bucks plus some other kinds stuff. Are works shocks good for mx i heard they are just a bit better then stock i was gonna get PEP
thanks though

Old 09-24-2000, 03:42 AM
Range Rover

You can get a new OEM Banshee frame from CAL-ATV for $600, with $25 shipping. I like my Works shocks.

Old 09-27-2000, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

I've been checking into Banshee frames also. The very rear portion of the frame bent on mine. Where did yours bend?

This is what I have found or learned from others so far...

Lonestar has a stock replacement frame that is stronger than the Yamaha frame. The cost is 2200 dollars for an MX version. A baja/cross country version is even stronger with thicker tubing and is a couple hundred bucks more than the MX. Both of these will allow you to swap all stock Banshee components over to the Lonestar frame.

Lonestar also has what they call an Outlaw frame. It uses a Banshee motor and has 250r geometry. The Outlaw requires 250r suspension components and brakes. The Outlaw frame is the same price as the stock replacement frame. Check out K&K ATV for info on their Outlaw Banshee project.

Laeger has a Banshee frame that requires Laeger supension components. Plan on spending at least 5 grand for a Laeger chassis (that goes for Outlaw too), plus shocks.

Precision ATV can remove the rear portion of the Banshee frame and replace it with a subframe. They will also gusset the front end of the factory frame giving you a frame that is more durable than stock.

I am considering the Lonestar stock replacement or repairing/strengthing my factory frame so I can get my quad back together in the least amount of time. Later I will probably upgrade the stock suspension with Lonestar or Roll Design components. In the end, it will probably cost as much as a Outlaw or Laeger setup. Since you stated that you have 8 months for the project, you may want to consider the Oultaw or Laeger setup right off the bat.

Good luck, with your injury healing

Old 09-27-2000, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

Thank ou for your post it was very help full. My frame is bent in the front, the whole front end is shot, It was moved over at least 3 inches. O well. Yeah i was either think leager or lonestar, i will let you know how it all goes thanks again

Old 09-28-2000, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

any other replies? Thanks

Old 09-29-2000, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your crash.

I have seen and raced against the K&K Outlaw Banshee. It is one sweet machine. But the cost will be very high.

As for the regular local riders, the hot set-up is to go +2, +1 on the arms and -1 on the swingarm. This will move the balance of the quad off the front. Add good shocks on top of this and I really think you will have a killer MX Banshee.

Yes, the 250r frame is the best, but a good rider on a stock frame and good suspension mods will just as fast.

I decided to build a 250r instead of modding my Banshee for the track. But I think the arms, swingarm and shocks is the best bang for the buck.

Quick Reply: Frames