Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha #1 honda #2. not a flame thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha #1 honda #2. not a flame thread!!!

i cant believe i am actually saying this, but after a few years of being a die hard honda fan i have almost lost faith in them. ive done lots of reshearch on the 450R the 450. the 400ex and the Z400. the 300EX and the raptor 350. and to be quite honest with you i think honda is lagging behind in all of the sport bike catagories at the moment. even their crotch rockets are laggin compared to the GSX and the Ninja and the R6. granted, honda still makes the most user friendly, reliable, and smoothest operationg machines out there in my opinion.. but as far as the performance aspect goes.. i think the 250R was the last REAL performance bike that they made. from what i have read the 250R would still haul *** up untill a year or so ago when the 450's came out.. but for 2 decades it was one of the best out there. anyone know how or why this happend? did honda just get lazy and figure that they had enough stuff going on and not to worry about it? *cars, mowers, bikes, generators, engines, quads, and robots LOL* im not saying honda sucks dont get me wrong.. but i serioulsy think they are lacking big time in the sport market of bikes *off road and on* and the sport quads. anyone have any reasons for this or assumptions on how and why let me know.... i just thought this would make a good discussion topic. later guys.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider

thats why their bike last forever.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chazekxt
Nothing last "forever"....................................

Old 03-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: chazekxt
Nothing last "forever"....................................
u can say that again...

Old 03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, Honda's do. We pulled a couple little 1983 ATC 185S's out of a barn. They sat there for 10 + years. All we did was clean the carbs and the little guys started right up.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: chipdog4
Sure, Honda's do. We pulled a couple little 1983 ATC 185S's out of a barn. They sat there for 10 + years. All we did was clean the carbs and the little guys started right up

hey so did my 72' skidoo, new plugs and clean fuel and carb and now it runs like a raped ape. It smokes like a chimney though and the smoke coming out the left exhaust pipe is brown or black and on the right is blue, or white.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

i like honda hell i learned how to ride on a 250 fourtrax but i agree i think they are falling behind as for as speed goes but i bet they are still as reliable as they were....me my self YAMAHA seems to have a little of ever thing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can make an argument on the sport quads, but on the crotch rockets? Have you even rode a rocket? The 600RR and CBR1000 are some kick a$$ machines man that are on top of there game. The 600RR alone revs out at 14 grand![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Not to mention the handling. I am a big fan of teh GSXR's but to say the CBR's are lacking is rediculous!

Old 03-04-2005, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

hey, i never said honda was a bad bike bro, but compared to the gixxer or the ninja... the cbr 600rr is no where near the bike. i have never ridden one.. but i have friends that have.. and i have read a shipload of articles.. and just the top speed on the cbr compared to the gixxer there was a good bit of difference. and im pretty sure that the ninja revs higher than 14k. im not sure about that.. but i think it does. again.. ive never ridden any of them.. i almost bought a ninja.. but i bought the drz instead. just cuz im redneck haha. anyways i just thought it would make a good discussion topic... thanks for the info guys.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

For anyone who think's Honda is falling. Check out the Moto GP results? Who has won more? This is where it counts. Nobody can take a crotch rocket to the max on the street!

Moto GP Results

Quick Reply: yamaha #1 honda #2. not a flame thread!!!